Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Audio 9

• 26-01-2004 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

How do you get wma9 to play 5.1 sound in Windows Media Player 6.4? It works with WMP9, but WMP 6.4 Classic has a lot more useful functions and a small memory footprint.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

eh is it a feature that's built into wmp9? if so i doubt it can be applied to an older version i.e. 6.4. The only think i know you can do is install the wmp9 codecs and have all the latests codecs working with 6.4. Personally i wouldn't touch any wmp's above that one, 6.4 is the only good one they released imo. Have a lookie to see if there are any other programs that will do the job for ya that don't use up so much memory. Maybe the new winamp has the feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks bbot, winamp is so versatile. Video options n all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Hi CivilServant, it is notpossible to use Mplayer 6.4 to play 5.1 audio.

You need WMP9 to acheive this.

Hope this helps,
    Colm.

Advertisement