Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Router Problems

• 26-01-2004 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I seem to be having quite a few problems with my router (d-link dsl504) and cant figure out why?

1. auto connect doesn't seem to work? it's enabled, setting seem right but still no luck. it does get turned of regularly, would that have anything to do with it?

2. when transfering large files trough say msn, or web cam picture with sound, the router stops working and has to be turned of and on again, wich i suppose is ok if it automatically loged in again but it doesn't!

anyone have these probs to, how did you solve them?

have 2 pc's on the router, both windows xp both pretty new pc's, 1 onboard lan the other a network card

hope someone can help me with atleast 1 of the problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

set the dns servers as opposed to using auto detect.

We had intermitant freezing and that seems to have fixed it. Other than that consider flashing firmware.

Advertisement