Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN-is it worth it?

Options
  • 20-05-2000 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I am seriously thinking of improving my connection so as i can develope further my lifelong ambitions of a professional gamer extraodinaire *snigger splutter cough*(they died a long time ago in the pub) anyway i've been on 56k now for a couple of months and my lowest possible stable ping is 200-220 cause i live out in da ****ray ba jasus, so what i want to know is how much yer phonebills are with the ISDN cause i reckon the £70 bi-mthly bill is fairly steep as it is

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Calls are charged at the same rate as normal calls, so that wont change, line rental is an extra 20 quid per month atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

A simple equation may show you the way.....

Analogue = **** play on line.
    ISDN = Million times better.

ISDN gives you 60-80 pings guaranteed,m no disconnects. Once you go digital, there is no return.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Alright then leds, what's the damage for installation. There's always a catch cool.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its £99. So there's no excuse. Its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Roish, so what other ISDN equipment you need, and how much?
    Will I need to bin my lovely new cordless phone and get an ISDN phone, or are there converters, or am I just talking bòllox?

Dear God, can't they just give us cable?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

yeah biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I may have mentioned this before but...
    I'm waiting for cable

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

You have to get a terminal adaptor (from £25-£200 depending on which you go for) with POTS ... the pots are converters for analogue telephones and modems/faxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Rapier

so why does eircoms hi-speed offer charge 35 quid a month for rental? rental for an analogue costs 20 quid approx where are they going with there 70 quid every phonebill s*it or is that because you get that call waiting stuff blah blah

Actually analogue lines are £10.34 a month, that's just my two cents (those Americans are really crappy tippers) cool.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

'stuff

Oi, that's 2040's line! cool.gif

Advertisement