Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mahon "Precise Observation and Quite Reflection" Essay.

Options
  • 26-01-2004 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have something like this written on Mahon allready this year, or some notes that might help me with this essay? It would be great,
    Thanks,
    -Coz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i just finished a very similar one and got 74% (among the top 3 in my class i might add :p).

My topic was "derek Mahon is a keen overver of the world, but is often disillusioned by it", or something similar to that, and i wrote mostly on the "Precise Observation" side of my topic.

Here's a few pointers, if you want a scan-in i might be able to get one tonight (providing my new harddrive arrives and i can get my computer working).

If not, i'll get a few minutes tonight and type up a brief set of points on the poetry. Give me a list of the poems you studied, so i don;t waste me time writing on ones you havn;t done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

MFruit, seriously sound m8, Infact that topic that you did, I have a choice of doing that one aswell, so its perfect.

Either of those 2 things would be cool,

Poems ive done by mahon,

Antartica
    After the Titanic
    Grandfather
    As it should be

Sound out again,
    Thanks,
    -Coz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I got his one to do aswell-this ****er better be on the paper!"A disused shed in county wexford" would be much better for this question cause he mentions solitude and thinking while also observing tiny details.I used that as my anchor and took from the poems we did
    After the titanic,grandfather,disused shed,antartica and we skimmed the others.

can i take a look at the one youve done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not for a while im afraid,my english teacher keeps tests/essays for an age.

• Advertisement

Damn...

Where the hell i s mfruit gone :/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

does ANYONE here do there own homework?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

agent smith does ANYONE here do there own homework?

Yes I'm sure everyone does *some*.

On a separate issue. How many poems should you cover in your prescribed poetry section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Four or five I'd say, just for good measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

sorry, i've contracted some kinda killer flu thingy. and i lost my essay. But, on the plus side, i finally got a friend to upload some geography notes. (he had the cd for 4 days before he did it). Sorry bout this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement