Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia annoyance plz help

• 26-01-2004 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

i got a new nokia phone,i put in the simcard and battery but when i turn it on it asks me to insert sim card - its all put together in order - trust me! - any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Are you sure it's new? That happens the SIM reader in Nokias after around 2 years or so. The 8110 banana phone (like in the first Matrix) had that probelm badly.

SIM reader that is dodgy or also maybe just dust. If new, warranty repair at NOKIA centre, not some Carphone Warehouse/Vodafone/O2/Meteor idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sounds to me like its locked to another network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Captain Trips

SIM reader that is dodgy or also maybe just dust. If new, warranty repair at NOKIA centre, not some Carphone Warehouse/Vodafone/O2/Meteor idiot.

AFAIK the nokia stores are owned by o2 so ur gonna end up wit the same muppet fixing it as anywhere else

just checked, they are, they're listed as an o2 store
    http://web.o2.ie/portal/products_services/mobiles/dealer_locator/o2_stores/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Sounds to me like its locked to another network.

I agree, try to get the phone unlocked somewhere

Advertisement