Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy players=bad proformances?

Options
  • 26-01-2004 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

If i have pissed some of my players off dose this mean that they will play bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I reckon it does. I had a guy on my team who was my star striker, but unfortunately he also had a tendency to get sent off, mainly for stupid stuff like a second yellow card for dissent or a straight red for elbowing someone in the face. The season before last he was sent off once and I let it go, but last season he had two sendings off for dissent, and I fined him a week's wages both times, which he accepted. The third sending off I just got fed up and fined him two weeks wages, which pissed him off. All of a sudden he started missing the goal with increasing regularity and then demanded a transfer. In the end I just sold him to get rid of him before he started to affect the morale of the rest of the squad, although I made a huge profit on him, which softened the blow.

I'm starting to have the same thing again this season with a guy who is wanted by a lot of bigger clubs. I turned them all down, he got fed up and his form dropped and eventually I had to give in and grant his transfer request, although not until after the transfer window closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Hmmmm I was thinking that. Because my 2 central defenders are playin good in some matchs and ****e in others! Ivan campo and sum other Greek dude which i can't spell. At the start of the season they got pissed at me. And since it was a new division it was going to be harder, but as the season went on my defense got worse! I'm in £7 Million pounds of debt due to my wage bill. So i'll have to wait to the end of the season to try and sign sum1 on the free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm way down the other end of the scale - my wage bill is €13k a week and the board are giving out that I'm over budget. I'd sell at least one of them if I were you, if one goes the other's morale might pick up with a new, less disaffected partner. It would also help with the debt situation.

Advertisement