Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I pay per month using IOL?

• 26-01-2004 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

How much should I pay per month using IOL broadband totally? I mean the eircom monthy rental and IOL broadband. You know, I don't use phone, just internet.
    so is it 22.5+49.49?

And how much should I pay if I chose IOL bundle 3??

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

line rental + 65 same with bundles 4 cept free local national calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

40 for broadband
    25 for anytime Plus

Plus 24 euros or so for being ass-raped by Eircom to "rent" your phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 xxxxxxxx

Thank you, you two guys.

I just moved into this place, so first I should open the line, then I have a account, then I sign-up in IOL webpage with this account and phone number, tell them I want the bundle 4?? anything wrong?

jus expect to a wait from esat, and crap support. My experience so far anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

gideon, how long did you have to wait?? i just filled in the online form, the site said it would take 10 working days is that right??
    ta tammy

• Advertisement

still waiting...

"Thank you for signing up for Esat BT Advantage Plus and IOL Broadband. Your Esat BT Advantage Plus account is in process. You will receive a letter re-confirming you order status in approximately 5 working days.

Your IOL Broadband order is also being processed and you should be activated within 10 working days"

Ordered on the 13th of this month, so 11 working days without the conformation letter, said to myself I'll wait till Monday before starting to harress them on the phone, but I'm a bit lazy about it.

Just going on what other people have said about waiting for it on boards, sounds like takes a month on average. Some poor bastid waiting for 4 months but think they were messed around through trying to pay for it in a differetn name or something.

Maybe the broadband is 'activated' but with out account details or modem etc I won't know till I get them. Won't get them till get that conformation letter I'd imagine.

Actually Good idea for this board might be a sticky with when people ordered broadband from who and when they eventually got it, and where they are from. I'd be interested, might be a good guide to those of use that are planning to order or waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

holy moley 4 months hope that isn't the case for me. good idea to get some feedback from other peeps on their wait times. let me know how you get on, i'd be interested to hear. are you doing a self install?? if so i would also be interested in hearing how long it took and if it was difficult.
    ta tammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

The self install is easy. From putting the filters in the wall (included), hooking up the modem and installing the drivers it took ten minutes. Of course when I went to connect they hadn't activated my account. 2 hours later hey presto! The self-install option is nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Well I ordered a week ago. I have been calling them every second day since then just to start laying the smack down early. The lady said 14 working days so I am goign to make damn sure that they are workign those 14 days to give me broadband.

Advertisement