Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence?

Options
  • 26-01-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

how long does it take to get a licence, does anyone know?
    dahm those stiffs at the BCI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

as far as i know, the BCI have to advertise a licence. Then aload of people apply for it and they all ahve to do presentations and stuff and then one gets it.. this is as far as i know.. could be completely wrong though! the bci website might have some info.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

your pretty close.

from what ive gathered the BCI have their list (61 submissions for 4 licences), but this is only submissions of interest. the next step is to find out how many of those are serious, as far as i know this involves putting money towards an actual licence bid. this should cut the list down a bit. next up the board (as far as i know) decide what Dublin wants and needs and after afew rounds we have a weiner (or in this case, 4).

I spoke to someone from BCI in Dec and at the time they were changing over their board members or something, so there was no date set for any progression in the licence process, I assume thats not changed yet (their site doesnt seem to say so anyway)

Flogen

Advertisement