Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to identify modem

• 27-01-2004 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm trying to find out the make of an internal modem .some numbers on it are 949-08201877; T19006ab10804;KM1110001002;ATS279 crc0061 ATECH.
    hopefully someone can help.should there be an fcc id#on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

The only reference i could find for this is as follows, but you say this is an internal modem, it showed up for me as a USB device.

Atech probably share that chip set across a few models.

Manufacturer: atech
    Model name: USB Modem V90
    Model number: ats-279
    Other: crc0061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gerrykkkdanbury

thanks for the reply,, i'm a novice , after replacing the hard drive i cant find or load the driver for the modem, not sure about usb but its mounted on the motherboard any tips on reinstalling the modem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Well if you have the drivers lying about for the modem it would be handy :) other than that, are there any unkown devices in your device manager? (device manager can be found by
    [for xp/2000] Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager
    [for win9x] Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager )

The unkown item will be expanded in the device manager and noticeable (usually with a yellow circle beside it indicating a problem). It may have picked up what device it is but does not have the driver. Check to see if anything is installed under modems.

If there are no unkown items in the device manager, remove the modem and either put it in another slot or boot windows without the modem in, shut down, the replace the modem into it's previous slot, then boot again and windows should pick it up.

ATS279 seems to be the modem model although I can't find it anywhere. give one of the ATECH-256 drivers a go, can get them on www.driverguide.com or google it.

gl,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Ya i agree with bob_bot about trying the atech 256.. You're modem driver doesn't seem to be listed on any of tghe sites i know of.

This site has a list of drivers for modems made by atech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you could also try unknown devices from http://www.halfdone.com/Development/UnknownDevices/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gerrykkkdanbury

before i give up..tried to install file from driverguide but there was no intstall file.and i dont have winzip for the halfdone files,,if the modem is installed on/in a PCI slot when the hardware/software is installed it looks at ports com1 to com4 and the printer port .which port should the modem be and can i this ...hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you can get a free trial of Winzip here http://download.com.com/3000-2250-10161502.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have a look at the stickies for windows for FREE winzip clones.

AFAIAA the inventor of pkzip died penniless in a hotel room - so don't feel the need to help advertise what was taken off him.

Advertisement