Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTC Turn of the Screw

Options
  • 27-01-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

The Opera Theatre Company, based in Temple Bar Dublin, are doing a performance of Brittens Turn of the Screw (based on the original Henry James novel). Opening night is February 5th in Kilkenny, they are touring all over Ireland (touring dates/locations on the webpage above).

I've been to most of the OTCs productions and they are of the highest quality. This production promises to maintain their brilliant high standards. I reckon it is highly likely to be worth a visit if it is coming to a venue near you during the tour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I was at the opening night of the Turn of the Screw in Kilkenny last Friday Feb 6th. It was truly brilliantly well done. John Allen did a review in yesterdays (Tuesday 11th) Irish Times of the second performance in Mullingar and he clearly enjoyed it immensely too. I highly recommend a trip to it if you can make it at all- details of the rest of the tour are available here. For the Dubliners out there- there is a performance in the Mermaid in Bray this Friday, and three performances in the Helix at DCU from Sunday to Wednesday.

I can't recommend a visit enough. I'm going along again on Wednesday myself.

Advertisement