Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo live dvd

Options
  • 27-01-2004 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Just read this on their homepage:

''Placebo - Soulmates Never Die - Live in Paris 2003' - released 15.03.04

PLACEBO return with the release of a reworked version of ‘English Summer Rain’ through Hut Recordings on February 23rd. It is the fourth single to be lifted from their acclaimed fourth album, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’, which has now sold over 1.1 million copies worldwide.

The single precedes the release of a full length DVD recorded at a sold out Bercy in Paris in front of 18,000 people. Entitled ‘Placebo - Soulmates Never Die - Live In Paris’, the DVD will be released March 15th. It includes additional documentary footage of the band on the road throughout 2003 as they undertook their mammoth world tour.

2003 saw PLACEBO reclaim their place in the British Rock hierarchy with another sold out UK tour and proved to be one of the UK’s strongest exports of 2003. With worldwide sales figures of over 600,000 within 3 weeks of release the album crashed into the top 10 in 20 countries world wide including Belgium (#1), Greece (#1), France (#2) and Germany (#2).

They then commenced their world tour to support the International success of the album taking in cities all over the world from Warsaw (5,000 people) to Mexico City (35,000 people) to Rock Am Ring, Germany (75,000). The next new territory on the map will be China, playing Beijing and Shanghai in the Spring, 2004

A full tracklisting and content list for the DVD will be posted on this page very soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sleeping With Ghosts didn't do much for me, unfortunately. I didn't think it was anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bah! :D Loved it! :) DVD will be sweet too! Yay! Just to hope that next time they do a "World" Tour, they actually come back here....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah cant wait.
    although they might just play here, tour aint over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- have to say I've lost interest in Placebo. Molko's lyrics are too consistently moany now as compared to Without You... which although morose as well had slightly more abstract themes in parts, but "Special Needs" - give me a break. Maybe if I were still 16 I'd be able to relate to it but not any more. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

slacker bitches....

when was the last time they played in dub?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

I agree that album(SWG) did nothing for me...very mundane stuff....actually black market music was pretty much the same excpet for slave to the wage and taste in men....they havent done anything close to "without you" since...shame they showed so much promise....having said that i'd still go see them if they played

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They toured Europe like fück, yet Ireland was left unrecognised. Shame that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

Didnt they mention in an interview that they would come to Ireland in 2004 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Saw them in Atlanta at a small-ish gig a few months ago, was well impressed.

Hadn't listened to their first three albums in yonks, and I've never listened to their fourth, but twas an excellent gig for $22 (or so).

Bassist's chicken oriental, BTW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I think Sleeping With Ghosts is a great album. At first I was really disappointed with it, but it really grew on me, much as "Without You I'm Nothing" did. Its one of those albums where you have to know the songs, before you can love them.

I might give the DVD a look, although I believe that DVDs in Irish stores are the most over-priced media ever, so I'll be buying from Play.com, no doubt. Its a pity they aren't playing an Irish date, but I'm hoping to go to Glastonbury this year. With a bit of luck, they might show up too.

• Advertisement

last time they played in dublin, which i was at 'dec 3rd and 4th 2000' olympia theatre.
    and if you think SWG is moany then er doesnt WYIN make your ears bleed, nothing monay about special needs, the song isnt even about brian, anyway SWG is pretty ok but when i go back to it, its good. brilliant in some ways, come on ! the bitter end and ESR.

they were on this french chat room and i asked em when theyd play hee, they said very soon, so i`m waiting :|

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

stop your moaning, i think sleeping with ghosts is great. not as good as the others but still pretty dam good. and yes ive been trying to contact them for the past while, but they have no message boards or contacts.. sly bastards.!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by Redegg
    stop your moaning, i think sleeping with ghosts is great. not as good as the others but still pretty dam good.
    Damn straight, you tell em :) .
    I think I must be the only person in the world who likes 'Placebo' best. It brings me back to the first time I ever heard 'Nancy Boy' years and years ago...one of the most thrilling musical experiences of my life I tells ya :D

I think I must be the only person in the world who likes 'Placebo' best

er think again.
    http://forumer.com/index.php?mforum=bitterpill

Advertisement