Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License.dat

• 27-01-2004 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

I recently downloaded a trial software and after using it for a while decided to buy the full upgrade. I was sent an email that contained my serial no. but there is no link or tab that will allow me to enter the serial. After getting back to the support and a long wait it appears that i have to create a linecse.dat file containing the key and put it in the same dir as the .exe

Now does any1 know what should be in a license.dat file. I've looked at a few and they all seem kinda the same but different none the less - so no pattern for me to follow. I re emailed support but got no reply since over a week ago. Can any1 help. I
    think it may be a flexlm license. is there tools out there to create such a license file??
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Just make a blank file with the serial number written in the same format as in the email (dashs, spaces etc.) .. thats all. Notepad will do the job perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

thanks i'll try that when i get home.

I thought that i needed pointers to stuff aswell because every other license.dat file i looked at had 10 odd lines of stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its probably because most software will encrypt the license file so you cant easily copy the serial number from one machine to another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Is this CAD software perchance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Originally posted by Jaden
    Is this CAD software perchance?

Maybe - why??
    It doesnt really matter does it?

I doubt just a serial in a text doc called licence.dat will work. YOu need other pointers and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Most CAD software uses this type of protection system. I'd nearly bet that the software in question is Orcad or Cadstar. If it is, both of these are a little quirky with regards to registersing. Met me know what the software is, and I can probably help. I have years of experience with this sort of stuff, both as an administrator and a user.

Advertisement