Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

breakers yard near clondalkin?

Options
  • 27-01-2004 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Anyone know where I'd get a breakers yard near Clondalkin ?

I need bits for a '93 Volkswagen Golf.

John

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Right across the road from the red cow hotel is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

If you're willing to go out the road a wee bit, Kilcock has a massive yard with thousands of cars and they're very well organised. You'll prob find they have 5 or 10 golfs of the right age.. Let me know if you need directions

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Don't forget about Duffy's at the junction of the Long Mile and Naas Road. Next Door to Bike World. They seem to have a large collection also.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Carey's on (Old) Nangor Road out past Grange Castle. Listed as Yerac in Golden Pages. There's an old filling station out front and a big Alsatian chained up. But do not fear ;)

There's another place in Saggart. Doyle's IIRC.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by Chief---
    Right across the road from the red cow hotel is one.
    closed now IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

afaik theres one still open behind the closed one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Any minis around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

No idea. I got the bit I needed, though we'ed to check three cars to find one with a coolant cap.

It's certainly not the biggest yard I've seen, I'd say try the Kilcock one. Now all I need is a good mechanic near lucan that can tell me why my car is overheating all of a sudden (as in, ten minutes after turning on the engine, the little red overheating light goes on, and stays on). Bah.

john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hanneke rottier

I need outside mirror for the mazda at the left side off the car

Can tell where i can buy this ,I live in cork

Hanneke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Greenhills road off the Walkinstown roundabout, about 200 m off it, as you go up the hill, there are two breaker's yards, one on your left, and one on your right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

valen wrote:
    Now all I need is a good mechanic near lucan that can tell me why my car is overheating all of a sudden (as in, ten minutes after turning on the engine, the little red overheating light goes on, and stays on). Bah.

What engine's in the Golf? Have you checked if the rad fan is coming on? Is the cabin heater blowing hot air when you turn it to hot? The cooling system's fairly simple and should be easy to diagnose yourself if you know your way around an engine bay. My guesses: Coolant thermostat stuck closed, radiator temp sensor dead, radiator fan fuse/some other fault, water pump, blockage of some description. Bad to drive it when it's overheating anyway! What does the temperature gauge get up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 matt bott

I found a service thats really helpful for ordering secondhand parts from breaker yards direct to your door. These yards are based all around the country and maybe in the north but they all do mail order. Is worth checking where the yard is if they have your part as it might be quite near. I found the site www.breakeryard.com which is quite helpful. Hope this helps.:)

Advertisement