Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness 2004

Options
  • 27-01-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard a rumour of the Pixies playing Witnness this year... confirmed yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

they might be reforming for a few events in the summer, just a rumour though, nothing confirmed yet

They are supposed to be playing a large music festival in the comning weeks and are supposed to be playing in Dublin at the start of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

there was an article in the ticket suppliment with the irish times two or three weeks ago saying that they were getting together for one last tour and that they'd be in ireland during the summer.
    don't think the irish times would print it if they weren't sure, but you never know....
    anyhoo, i can't wait!!! go on the pixies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hmmm - I refer you to my post from 2 weeks ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135508

where I posted the following link:

http://www.nme.com/news/107239.htm

Nobody seemed interested in it then. For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i had heard that Witnness isnt going to be called Witnness this year, i have a pal working in a record company who told me its going to be called Oxygen sponsored by O2

seemingly it was costing guinness too much to sponsor every year...who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I’ve been told Guinness hasn't being liking the cost of it for the last **few** years, along with the amazing fact that some people didn't know they were sponsoring it!

Anyway, I don’t mind who sponsors it as long as they don't try to make it more “main stream”, or over highlight the fact they are the sponsor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The Pixies are playing the Phoenix Park with the RHCP's on June 12.

Originally posted by BrianD
    The Pixies are playing the Phoenix Park with the RHCP's on June 12.

Hmmm...

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3tname=1751105896&xname=redhotchilipeppers

Darco was telling me this on Saturday, but I was thinking he was saying it was just a rumour – well if I end up going I cant really see my self waiting around for the RHCP twice in 3-4 years is just fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by giftgrub
    i had heard that Witnness isnt going to be called Witnness this year, i have a pal working in a record company who told me its going to be called Oxygen sponsored by O2

seemingly it was costing guinness too much to sponsor every year...who knows?

As a marketing student/worker i was intrigued by this so i checked it out. Very relaible confirmation from O2 marketing themselves that they aren't involved.

However, all indications are that it will be called oxygen but sponsors will be Heineken instead of Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

mmmm...I've heard the O2 rumour from a number of sources. However, I would be surprised if Guinness handed over the sponsorship of a festival that they built up to a rival brewing group!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    However, all indications are that it will be called oxygen but sponsors will be Heineken instead of Guinness.

If O2 are not also sponsoring it, why on earth would Heineken sponsor, and call it oxygen?

BTW sometimes it's unlikely that a marketing (or PR) department/company would tell anybody - that’s even if they even know, if any deal has currently been made etc...

But we all should know in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Also Heineken sponsor Slane and lets face it Heineken isn't the most popular drink in this country why would they fork out **** loads to sponsor 2 events?

Originally posted by James R
    Also Heineken sponsor Slane and lets face it Heineken isn't the most popular drink in this country why would they fork out **** loads to sponsor 2 events?

To me you answer your question…

(BTW they sponsor the *Heineken* Green Energy events too.)

Last time I heard they had increased their market share here, so I’m thinking they’d like to sell even more Heineken.

Advertisement