Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing my IOL broadband?

• 27-01-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I've got IOL BB connected to my PC in my bedroom, but I'd like to share the connection with my flatmate. I'd prefer if I didn't have to turn my computer on to get access, so is there anything that we could get that would allow two users to share the one connection, something that connects where the phone cable plugs in or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yep, you need an adsl router. you can get wired ones, of wireless if you don't want cables everywhere. either one will work without your PC being switched on.

let us know which you'd prefer and some of the guys here can give you recommendations on a good one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Make sure it has a built-in modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

have u a usb or ethernet modem if you have a usb u will have to have pc on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by SuprSi
    I've got IOL BB connected to my PC in my bedroom, but I'd like to share the connection with my flatmate.
    I suppose that it'd be too much to ask that you actually read the thread posted last week that asked exactly the same question? It's right at the top of Page 2 of the Broadband forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Ripwave
    I suppose that it'd be too much to ask that you actually read the thread posted last week that asked exactly the same question? It's right at the top of Page 2 of the Broadband forum.
    Rip, mate, calm down you are constantly ripping on ppl who are asking about stuff that is new to them as long as ppl answer what is the prob?. Just ignore the thread and dont flame them - a little self-control:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well Ripwave I attempted to do a search but IOL is too small a word to be included, and seeing as how that particular thread could have been anywhere, it was a little too much to ask. Apologies for wasting your time typing that response.

I've got an external USB modem, and would prefer wireless as the connection is in the hallway and the computers aren't. Recommendations would be great.

Si.

Advertisement