Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Temple Pilots singer???

Options
  • 27-01-2004 3:05pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Could someone tell me the name of the stone temple pilots singer???

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Scott Weiland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He sings for Velvet Revolver now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

did you see that members of stone temple pilots, black crowes and an unnamed ex-gn'f'r member(Izzy Stradlin) could make some blues-y(boring) supergroup too.
    Velvet Revolver are going to suck so bad also.

But his first love is heroin, so don't expect any Velvet Revolver releases soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by colincarnate

Velvet Revolver are going to suck so bad also.

Why's that. From what I've heard of them, they sound pretty cool! Although i think Weiland was recently done for heroin again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Weiland was/is a joke. No offence to any fans here...but his heroin addiction always came across to me as just being another desperate attempt to fit into the grunge scene. You can almost see him being like "Well man our musics not good enough to make us grunge superstars...dammit..whats Layne Staley doing? Heroin! Kurt Cobain? Heroin!!! Im gonna get me some of that!!! Then I'LL be a grunge superstar!!"
    And years later he still sucks and his band is about as popular as jiffy lube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

What, exactly, is jiffy lube?

Deadwing, stop talking through your ass, heroin addiction just to look popular. Don't be an idiot.

STP were good in their day, and from the bootlegs I've heard of VR, they sound pretty decent.

The album is finished by the way. They are doing a promo tour at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

well i'm interested interested in hearing some velvet revolver stuff.think ill check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

here here.....muppet

f%ckin' check out Ain't Life Grand first, everyone will be on the VR band wagon, maybe giblet has that album but if VR is anything like that album then they're screwed i.e. Ain't life grand is classic but nobody will like, Set me Free is very Ain't life grand-y

Ain't life grand was more "Slash's super rock project"

Set me Free is a soundtrack.

Slither sounds pretty good.

right i'm going way off 'topic'(it ended second post anyway basically) here but VR won't produce anything in the form of a new AFD is all i'm saying to people who are secretly expecting a AFD: 2, *70% of the original band are back and have degrees, run marathons, bring up children and beat their wives(i talking to you mister cutter(Weiland))*(say in classic movie guy adverisment voice)
    Set me Free was cornball ola ala Ain't Life Grand
    Slither was boring i couldn't stand it, crap was bootleg aswell so i'll give them a chance at least when they come out...

No offence to any fans here...
    Originally posted by Giblet
    Deadwing, stop talking through your ass, heroin addiction just to look popular. Don't be an idiot.

I am so sorry for posting a personal opinion on a public forum. What was i thinking??
    You may not like what i said but you dont have to jump down my throat for saying it.

Deadwing no need to apologise for your opinion. You should, however, apologise for the utter stupidity of your opinion.

Weiland jumped on the heroin bandwagon did he!?!? For fúck sake! Why would anyone do that. You're actually trying to insinuate he started taking heroin to make his band more popular!!!

You really are a serious fool. Cop the fúck on. Weiland has tried numerous times to get off it.... but as is the case with many addicts. It's not that easy.
    I'm not offended as a fan. As a fan I don't give a shít if Weiland sniffs glue, takes heroin, is homosexual, is bi-sexual or whatever. I don't care if Axl Rose is a master idiot. Providing they produce some decent music I'm happy.

What age are you anyway? 10? That opinion is the most idiotic I've ever heard on my time here on boards.ie.... that's a tough one to beat. Congratulations.

The funny thing here is i really could care less. But nothing can change my opinion that Weiland is a pathetic, smacked up c-list wannabe, who jumped on the mid-90's heroin chic bandwagon to try and garner some more notoriety for his already crushingly mediocre band. And i dont have to apologise to anybody for that.
    You really are a serious fool. Cop the fúck on.
    Did i call your mother a slut or something? Unless Weiland is your brother or you father or something, try not to take things so personally in future. Relax, you'll live longer.

Gents, calm down.

Originally posted by Deadwing
    The funny thing here is i really could care less. But nothing can change my opinion that Weiland is a pathetic, smacked up c-list wannabe, who jumped on the mid-90's heroin chic bandwagon to try and garner some more notoriety for his already crushingly mediocre band. And i dont have to apologise to anybody for that.

Did i call your mother a slut or something? Unless Weiland is your brother or you father or something, try not to take things so personally in future. Relax, you'll live longer.

Sorry. Was angry. However, you're opinion is idiotic. If you came out with opinions like that in "real life" you'd be laughed at. "Heroin chic bandwagon"??? You read lots of tabloids don't you? Apologies for insuting you directly.... but you've just proved to me with your reply, that you lack any possible signs of intelligence. OOOoops, I did it again!

Its quite alright, if these insults were coming from someone whos intelligence i had any respect for, and who wasnt suffering from a massive oedipus complex, i might actually be insulted. But theyre not, so its okay.

*waits for another inane reply while doctor j googles for the meaning of oedipus complex*
    Somebody please lock this thread.

• Advertisement

suffering from a massive oedipus complex,

*waits for another inane reply while doctor j googles for the meaning of oedipus complex*
    Somebody please lock this thread.

Aha haahah ahahahaha hahahah hahaha WTF?!?!?!?

By the way, there's no need to insult Doctor J's intelligence!

I don't want your respect... I'm just trying to help you. In the future if you say stupid things to people they won't want to know you. Believe me. I'm doing you good.

PM me if you want more tips.

Its quite alright, if these insults were coming from someone whos intelligence i had any respect for, and who wasnt suffering from a massive oedipus complex, i might actually be insulted. But theyre not, so its okay.

Just trying to stop you getting banned for this petty flaming crap. Suit yourself.

Sorry Doctor J, i actually meant dr. loon. Anyway yeah i guess some of what i said mightve offended people, just my opinion, you dont have to read it if you dont want to :P Anyway, in an effort to stop the flaming, sorry.

Deadwing, opinions on stuff you know absolutely NOTHING about make you seem like an idiot, if you insist on waffling on about it, you ARE an idiot.

Giblet, with all due respect, go fornicate yourself with an iron bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You've all got Head-Pidgeons!
    Get to the nurse before they spread to the other children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement