Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nethouse This Weekend

Options
  • 24-05-2000 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

If it is ok with the lads in Nethouse we need to playing this weekend again. Saturday night, all night again, and Sunday if there is any intrest!

I know some people can not go as they are going to UL, including Zero, OL and .....

If everyone else could go it would be great, exams permitting of course.

Lads, we are down to crunch time here. There has been much talk between the selectors about squads, and we have to fainalise an 8 soon. If you cant go, and someone goes and is good, then more than likely they could go ahead of you. That is not our fault, we can only judge on what we see.

I think for the first time we will have Koopa after his exams, I hope to beat ser into coming, and hope to god Beast can come. There we have 3 of the QW top 4. Some of you said to me that they were a 'shoe in' - aint true folks. While they are 3 of the best QW players in europe, none has a proven Q3 pedigree so they have to win their places like the rest of you so the games should be as fierce as the games from lest weekend. In reality, we have 13 people fighting for the initial 8 places, and then for the final 4. Now the final 4 need praccy as a team, so this has to happen soon, like it or not.

So its in your intrests to show up...

BTW I saw this on my travels...
    "The CPL also announced a few details about its event in Spring of 2001. This event has been named The CPL World Championships. Assigned representatives from each country will select a team to compete in this deathmatch tournament, only one team per country will be allowed. The total cash prize will be $150,000."

NOW GET YOU ASSES TO A SERVER AND PRACTICE!

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 24-05-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

well, money is tighter then a jew at the moment:/

will koopa and beast be able to make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i can go, if there is a definite thing on and people will be there, on saturday evening/night/sunday morning (cant go friday night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Tis grand on this end, (net house), for Saturday night.

If it is too be a team worth competing then everyone whos in with a chance should turn up.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ahh jasus. Im knackered from being up to nethouse for the last two weeks smile.gif

Cmere, shouldn't we be practicing on the net now since the competition will be on the net ?

I know lan play is all fun and games, but at the end of the day if team3.ie is to get out of the group, were gonna have to get tactics on the net and play as a team on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I'll be there uh-huh. Everyone try and make it.

• Advertisement

we must play, play, play, play, play. over and over and over and over. for everyones benefit we need a final panel of 8 so that the top 4 can play the bottom 4 over and over and over and over until they are comfortable with eachother and the levels. dontchaknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

im going down to ul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

What with this weekend being the last of the college year, and the sad fact that I will be kicked out of the house on Sunday, there isn't a chance of me being in Dublin

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Good Call MP, Lan play will only ultimatly make you weak online, lacking the essential team tactics of net games, one or two of you should get organised with finding out servers, maps, tactics and organise practices online. It's the only way forward if we're all gonna drink to the victory of Team3.ie and talk about the team as 'we' like soccer fans do (I hate the way people who 'follow' english soccer teams discuss matches in the context of 'we', as if they are l33t footballers, but I think it's acceptable for us *smile*)

Who actually wants to win this? Instead of babbling to 'compete' in it?

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Since last weekend I was 'the littlist hobbo' as far as puters were concerned. Any objections to me bagsying 'unlucky puter #13'?

Plus, everyone bring earphones. Plus, could someone help me with my graphix settings this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

to quote zero from his column

"1) No Nethouse this weekend. Save it for next weekend.

2) This team is going into Overdrive. We have both the Final 4 and Final 9, lets say, 99% picked. We have a few players on a completely level par, fighting for the same position. Nethouse, next Friday 2nd June is when it happens, girls. 8pm. The End of the team selection process and the beginning of the intensive training process. Judgement Day, Arma-****ing-geddon, Nerd's Conference, call it what u like, but if you aren't there, you won't be on a Team3.ie panel, that's a promise."

Half the pannel is going to UL for the weekend, nothing we can do. But you all need practice, so If you can make it, I would say you should go.

Now if some of you want to go to nethouse to play quake and pay shadow 10 lids for the privilage I will gladly go aswell, but beware it will not be an offical praccy. But I would like to go (as I have been there for about a combined 20 hours over the last 2 weeks and only played 2 games frown.gif ), as Im sure one or two of you will aswell. As offical or not you can still impress with your skillz. Also it gives sutty and the likes who were there last week a chance to actually play a bit. It also may give CS weenies a shot at playing with the big boys!

Basically We have the team of 8 around 99% done - the actual team of 4 is about 30 hours of praccy away. And no I would tell you anything more for another while!

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 25-05-2000).]

ok after reading zero's column, seeing as there isnt a team ie thing on till next weekend, no point in going so till next weekend

...unless lots of people are going

chris,dave,anyone going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

well, iv got less then 0 money...

and we would have to pay to use the cafe this weekend, right?

can ppl who can come this weekend (if its free) pls put a tick here or summit?

need 8+...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I'll go but Id rather not if there are less then 8 ppl there.

Still, if any 7 ppl will be there I'll go.

Advertisement