Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Record signing for the Gunners!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

from the "The gossip column" on the bbc
    The Premiership may have lost Goldenballs in the summer but in his place can now welcome Swollenballs. Arsenal new-boy Jose Antonio Reyes is given the dubious nickname following an even more dubious goal celebration when Seville team-mate Francisco Gallardo bit him on his "manhood". (The Sun)

haahaha :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

"It was another fantastic four-goal fiesta for Sevilla, this time against Valladolid, which Reyes capped with a mazy 40-metre run and clever finish past Ricardo Felipe.

Slightly overcome, Francisco Gallardo leaned into the pile of bodies on the grass as Reyes' goal was celebrated in more traditional fashion and, er, buried his head in an unusual area.

Regarding the unusual treatment of his manhood Reyes merely confessed sheepishly: "I felt a bit of a pinch but I didn't realise what Gallardo had done until I saw the video."

LMAO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Thats so funny.

Whys it funny?

Originally posted by SheroN
    please tell me you don't think it's spelled Chow mone?

no its actually "come on" but im spelling it differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Someones telling Porkies.
    Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido described the move as "the saddest thing we've ever had to do", but said "this offer was out of this world."

"We have made a pact of confidentiality on the price and we cannot say.

"But I can tell you that it is greater than any other offer. It's more than was paid by Bayern for Roy Makaay, more than Barcelona paid for Ronaldinho.

"It is even more than Real Madrid paid for David Beckham."

Beckham went for £25 Million and the story in Spain is that Reyes was sold for €36 m but that can not be confirmed due to the afore mentioned confidentially pact. thats a hell of a lot of money for an unproven talent and I still wonder where did the money come from.

Full story

What happen to openess in transfer dealings or does that just apply to Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

As has been explained already, it only applies to Moneychester United as they are a PLC and Arsenal are not and so do not have to justify themselves to shareholders. Perhaps they'd get away with using Sir alex's son if they did not have to tell averybody where all the money goes to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    As has been explained already, it only applies to Moneychester United as they are a PLC and Arsenal are not and so do not have to justify themselves to shareholders. Perhaps they'd get away with using Sir alex's son if they did not have to tell averybody where all the money goes to.

Didn;t see that but Ahh I get it now. Only united need to be open about transfers , its OK for the others to conduct their business in private. I though the problem was with the FA about undisclosed payments to agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-wood reinforces what anybody who actually follows Arsenal already knew:

No way is he going - to Real Madrid or anywhere else," he told www.thisislondon.co.uk.

"That is definite. And I don't think he wants to go. He is very well paid by us and though he could maybe earn more money in Madrid, he is very happy here and he loves both the club and his lifestyle."

Observations from Madrid's Helguera and Arsenal/Barca's Gio Van Bronckhorst:

Helguera: “Reyes was a Galactico in the making because, let’s face it, he’s got absolutely everything as a footballer.
    “His dribbling and speed on the ball are frightening talents and he can make life hell for defenders.
    “Personally, I think he is a better player than Michael Owen - at least he is in my judgement.
    “Reyes has been Madrid quality for ages, he’s a brilliant talent.
    “This is one of the best players Spain has produced and it would be better for Madrid to harvest our own young talent than to go
    looking for it abroad.”

Gio: “We’ve signed a fantastic player with great talent and I knew about Arsenal’s interest in him.
    “He’ll fit really well with the Arsenal style of play simply because he’s a great footballer already.
    “It’s obvious Reyes will add great power to the Arsenal front line but I don’t know at the moment whether I’ll be back with him at Highbury at the end of the season.”

:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by jank
    what makes you think that??
    henry owes almost everything he has to wenger and asrenal

there is no way in hell he is leaving in the summer and no sign to indicate that

I personally don't think Henry will go but you can't base a reason for him staying on that. beckham owed everything he had to Ferguson but hes gone.

beckham owed everything he had to Ferguson but hes gone.

but he was forced out...

He is such a brilliant player. He should still be at Utd imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Did Henry sign a new contract yet? According to CM it expires at the end of this season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

People put so much faith in CM its unreal :)

Advertisement