Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Cyber Shot DSC-V1

Options
  • 27-01-2004 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm thinking of buying the following camera http://194.206.235.236/uk/uk/30523/art/sony/cyber_shot_dsc_v1.html#
    Can anyone give me some feedback (or have they seen it cheaper anywhere else??)

The reviews are good for it but I'm wondering what experiences "real" people have had. Also, wheres the cheapest price to get my hands on sony memory sticks?? Komplett have 256 mgs for €121, will this be compatible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Does it have to be Sony?

I've had a couple of Digital cameras first was an Olympus Camedia 2020 Zoom and the other a Fuji 6900 Zoom. IMO the Fuji was much better image wise.

What about this one ?

It has, what I consider, the advantage of RAW format. Used in conjunction with PhotoShop CS (8) RAW import can be a better file type. It's memory cards are more widely available too !

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Thats a fantastic point and one that I'm noticing as I read more reviews. I like the look of the one you suggested and I'll read up about it now.
    Whats your opinion on this one??

http://194.206.235.236/uk/uk/33058/art/kodak/easyshare_dx6490.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

To be honest I prefer to stick to more established camera manufacturers, makers know for quality and features.

I'm guessing your budget is up to 300 euro so of the bunch available at that price the one I prefer is the Olympus c750 . It has a good zoom range and they are known for the quality of their lenses.

For about the same price you could also look at the Fuji S5000 .

Just my opinion mind you, your preferences and everyone elses may totally contradict me. Of course if money was not so much of an object the Canon Eos 300D is excellent with interchangable lenses and a much larger CCD for high quality images. If you shop around you will pick it up for about 1200 euro with a 35 to 80 lens.

Regards

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Looking for some thoughts on the Olympus µ[mju:] 400 Digital

Any opinions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement