Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fanless!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Bha I have a silent computer and it idles at 24C CPU core and 22C HDD MB 17C-20C; at load though it really heats up 44-46C CPU core HDD 24C MB 24-26C. But I can live with those numbers as long as I dont hear the computer:).

Of course the computer is not technically in the same room as me.....it's inside the attic, the present cold meaning you can see your breath when you get in there:D. All fans blaring at full revs (one 92mm fan), it's only 2 meters away from me though - so I can get to it when I need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Zalman have a case out that is totally fanless and will cool everything for you..........cpu, gfx, NB, hard disk, PSU. It uses the outer casing as a heatsink to spread the heat out....... nice idea but very expensive!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

What he said

I've looked into it ( fanless case that is ) Seems entirely possible but then having no air flow at all through out a case seems like asking for trouble so maybe having just one 120 mm low rpm fan at the back would be a good idea. This heatsink has been getting good reviews of late too Here

Alternatively you could just buy a beautifull piece of machinery like this. Which is virtually silent, very schmall and perfect as a always-on gateway for your house :)

Now if only Komplett would gimme the credit for that item I RMA'd over 2 weeks ago I'd buy mine now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,653 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For all you lazy gits that don't want to read the article, this pretty much sums it up :)

Even in a 72-hour continuous run of 3D Mark 2003, we were still unable to cause this system to overheat

this price ($1400 - unkel) will make it difficult for most potential purchasers to justify such an investment. For certain applications where totally noiseless computing is mandated, the TNN 500A should certainly fill the bill

Advertisement