Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obituary Reforming......er what??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Yes!!!

They've been missed - nothing's ever sent chills down my spine like John Tardy's sick vocals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Vlad Drac

I love Obituary ...the band that got me into more extreme metal. I remember the first time I heard World Demise ... amazinging sludgey riffs, and the sickest vocals around. Nothing quite like a bit of Obituary ... good news! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I 'almost' saw Obituary on the Cause Of Death tour. They were supposed to play McGonagles. All their gear was there and was setup. We were all in the venue waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Then word came through that they had been stopped in Customs or something and that the gig was cancelled. :( Worse still, James Murphy left shortly afterwards and Allen West came back :(:(

It's a wound that has never healed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Bummer man! I feel for you - i've never seen them live, but i can understand the pain :D !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Wahey, sez I. I got into them about 2 years ago, heard them on a compilation and then went out and bought Slowly We Rot :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You gotta pick up Cause Of Death. Obituary with James Murphy's immaculate guitar playing is truly something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Doctor J
    You gotta pick up Cause Of Death. Obituary with James Murphy's immaculate guitar playing is truly something special.
    Only heard it once, really liked it. World Demise ain't too bad either

Advertisement