Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cue Ball

• 27-01-2004 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Might be a daft question, just wondering if anyone has an answer.

We recently got a pool table (lucky old us) but the cue ball is getting a little tarnished, a lot tarnished actually. Does anyone know of anything I can use to polish it up, so that it will remove the marks and still leave the cue ball nice and shiny-like? I'm afraid of making the surface of it all rough if I just start scrubbibg it with a scouring pad and Fairy liquid.

<I told you it was a daft question>

I'm pretty sure it's the cue ball's fault for my shocking lack of any skill whatsoever :D

Any information is appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

If the balls really bad I use any old cream cleaner and a cloth, usually requires a bit of elbow grease in that case so put the cloth on the ground, pour some Cif on it and then rub the cue ball as hard as you can against it .. rinse it off afterwards.

If its not too bad then I tend to just use a damp cloth and then a bit of mr sheen for the shine afterwards.. tends to make the ball very slippy though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

If there's all chips out of the ball, just buy a new one in town.

When you start putting Mr. Sheen type stuff on the ball it will slide around the table and maybe deposite some of the cleaner onto the cloth.

thegills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

LOL

great thread about polishing your Balls,

Seriously you'd be better off just buying a new one there not that dear.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I haven't had a table in about 15 years (but I'm getting a new one this year!) so what I'm saying may be a bit out-dated or common knowledge. But I always found while a cue ball will always get marked by blue chalk, it should never get marked by green chalk. So that might help for future reference.

Advertisement