Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 inch TFT Monitor advice please.

• 27-01-2004 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

I have to order 20 TFT's for my company. People seem to like the look of the Samsung SyncMaster 152X (http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/hardware/peripherals/0,39023417,20281725,00.htm), but I’m a little concerned that it doesn’t have digital (DVI) input. Does DVI really make much difference? We want screens that are easier on our eyes. The 152X looks compact and its specs seem to be good: 16ms / 450:1 contrast ratio. Does anyone have any experience with this screen?

Can anyone recommend another good TFT?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Bumpy bumpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ive a samsung LCD TV. Its really good. I never needed DVI but it depends on your needs i guess.

The colour on samsung LCD's is amazing IMO. 16m/s response is well prob the best around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I use a 15" LCD at home with digital input. The display is pin-sharp and very easy on the eyes. I've seen another LCD with analogue input which was absolutely horrible in comparison - it looked blurred and I felt my eyes could not focus.

IMHO, it is nuts to get an LCD without DVI. Your PC generates a digital image, the LCD displays a digital image - why put a conversion to/from analogue in the middle? You can only lose definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Well i have the samsung 172v (not much different to the 152 except 17") with analolgue input and can honestly say i didn't notice any interference/noise in the picture as a result of it being analogue.

Have another generic analogue input 15" TFT at work, and all i can say is that the picture looks blurry at any resolution including native.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A DVI input will always improve picture quality but I've never tested the theory with two TFT's of the same model. The biggest picture quality difference in most TFT's in my opinio is the quality of the particular model.

For a business 15" model a non-DVI model with good picture quality should be fine especially if theres a big price difference. It's probably worth a few extra quid for a DVI one if your PC's are already DVI ready and your budget isn't too tight but my main concern would be the picture quality, reliability and level of glare from the monitor. There should be some good accurate reviews out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to order one, if we like it we'll order the rest.

Advertisement