Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed: DSL-604+ settings for IOL

• 27-01-2004 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some confirmation from anyone that they have gotten the D-LINK 604+ working with IOLBB. I purchased one last week, spent Saturday and Sunday trying to get it working but to no avail. The error I get is "PPPoE Server not found".

I've tried using numerous settings but the ones I believe to be correct are:
    Encapsulation: PPPoE LLC
    VPI : 8
    VCI : 35

(those last two might be the other way around... wither way the modem config will not accept a value of 8 for the other paramter)

I'm using Get IP address from ISP and authentication CHAP rather than PAP.

Are there other settings elsewhere in this modem/routers config that would impact it's ability to connect successfully?

I've run the diagnose facility. The ADSL test passes but the PPP test fails, the remaining tests therefore do not run!

The Zyxel USB modem that I got when I signed up for this service does work, but it's of littl euse to me as I need to be able to share the connection from Linux and this modem will not do it on RedHat (I've already spent 3 weeks at that!).

If anyone can assist me I would be extremely grateful. I just can't believe that it's not possible to get this working...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Try and upgrade to the latest fw from the D-Link web site?. I have the DSL-504 and I have no probs using with either Linux or Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cthulu

Thanks for your help... as it turns out I had already done that but made the fatal mistake of not doing a factory reset afterwards... doh!

I've come across a number of people with the same problem, so if it's any help to anyone the firmware can be gotten from:

ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/dsl_routers_modems/dsl-604+/

After installing this via the configuration browser simply perform a factory reset (I did this from the console also since there were mutterings in a forum elsewhere that keeping the reset button pressed too long can wipe the flash memory altogether leaving one with a useless box!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blaize

Hello I use the Dlink 604+ with iol bb.

When you log in to the firewall click Multiple PVC

VPI 8
    VCI 35
    PPPoE LLC encapsulation
    CHAP Authentication

Anyway I'm attaching a pic to show you what the settings that work look like.

Under NAT configuration, from menu on left, check to make sure that the interface you've selected is the same as the interface in the Multiple PVC config window where you set up your original connection. In the pic you'll see I named mine "iolbb"

Set to Default Route , from menu on left, to same name as interface name.

Also when you've managed to connect go to

Dlink Firmware

And here for actual unofficial support

Expansys D-Link DSL-604+ Wireless ADSL Router Technical Support Forum

Hope some of that helps

blaize :)

Advertisement