Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A last, detailed information on Sharp GX30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Check out the picture of the GX30

picture of phone open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks for the links

had seen Bluetooth qualification appear for the Sharp "GX3##" Mobile Phone earlier in the month, it listed Headset and Serial Ports... no DUN listed though :confused: ...

shame about those Vodafone logos :ninja: - let's hope they don't force any of the handset's features to be altered...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

Well you can rest assured we are gonna get the crappy Vodafone Live type menus. Have you seen the difference between the GX-20 menus versus the GX-22? The original Sharp designed menus look a lot better, and give the phone a more expensive and unique feel.
    I wanna upgrade to the GX-20 when the Carphone Warehouse gets it bcak into stock but do you reckon it's worth waiting for this if it's near release?
    I wonder if the reason Vodafone Stores have pulled the GX-20 has anything to do with the imminent arrival of this phone?

There was talk of getting rid of the Sharp GX10i around Xmas time (not sure if this happened), so maybe they'll replace the GX10i with the GX20 as the low end model and sell the GX30 as the high end one?

For now, some more screenshots and info on GX30:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?id=456

The phone is also quad-band. The main cons of this new phone is it looks like it still can handle alerts for calender entries, no MP3 ringtone compatibility, no speaker phone and cannot assigned coloured LED falsh to individual contacts. However, this could this change in the final spec.

Still this is a killer phone compared with other phones on the market. I have a GX20 and it really is a good phone and I would be happy to trade up to another Sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Should be in stores by March.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

were do you get the info that it will be launched in March I want one of these big time
    thanks of for the info lads

Originally posted by TCP/IP
    were do you get the info that it will be launched in March

Ah now.... Sometime in March is the release date...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Can you provide a link to that nugget of info, or is it just heresay...

Hearsay it is so... and ya try to help people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

Well I appreciate your help.... What the.... What's all this brown stuff all over my nose?.... Eh well anyway. Hope it is March. I've heard that quoted elsewhere but that was on the release of the phone not necessarily on its release on Vodafone Ireland. ie. necessary for my subsidy

Advertisement