Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parting with piercing

Options
  • 27-01-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

hey all,

have just below me lip pierced for almost 2 years now (dunno the proper name for it) neways recently have be starting to worry bout the damage its been doing to my teeth cos I THINK im noticing a problem with my front teeth cos of it (maybe im just getting paranoid)

ANYHOW for all those how long have you had the same area pierced before u removed it, is 2 years too long to have it ( i know that piercing will cause problems eventually ) but i just dont wanna get rid of it cos ill feel like a diff person -- hehehe dont bother answering to this post either unless u got the same thing done cos u just wont understand

thanks
    luke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

hey man,

yeah I used to have there pierced too (its called a labret) and I didnt really find any problems with it till around 3 years after getting it pierced when I thought my front gums were reciding. As big a step as it was for me to take it out, quite a few friends didnt even notice for a few weeks that it had gone, and I got used to not having it, well until i got it repierced a year later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's hard to place lip piercings so they won't interfere with teeth and gums, especially as they move slightly during their 'settling down' period.
    I had a madonna piercing (upper lip) and it was starting to catch on my gum so I took it out. Only I would notice the scar now, it's minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

You're probably taking the correct step in taking it out because alot of the time it will do the enamel on you're teeth no favour's, pick between a necessity(teeth) and you're style :)

Advertisement