Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLk hawk down or Desert storm 2?

Options
  • 27-01-2004 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Ive spare cash to spend on a game.
    Which of the above 2 wud be better spent money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Black hawk down is ment to be awful
    Never heard of Desert storm 2 which cant be a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by bizmark
    Well you`re useful, wander into the games forum by accident did you.

Delta Force: BHD is nothing special and has a weird feel to it compaired to other games of similar style. Conflict Desert Storm 2 is supposed to be equally poor.

Is this on the PC

CDS2 : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/conflictds2/review.html

DF:BHD :
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deltaforceblackhawkdown/review.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by bazH
    Well you`re useful, wander into the games forum by accident did you.

yes didnt you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Get Battlefield 1942 and downlaod the DesertCombat mod for one :) .... and once Battlefield Vietnam is out we can expect some great modern day warfare mods for that too.... Fantastic!

I never liked DF:BHD. Played a few demo's of it and never really liked it. Very much pants I found. Anyone I know who has played it didnt like it either,

Conflict Desertstorm 2 I have yet to play. Played the first one on the XBox and didnt like it that much really. Im not too much of a console gamer I have to say... keyboard and mouse are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

It all depends if you're looking for a single player or multiplayer game.
    As a single player game I agree with the comments above and would staty away from it, however, and this is the important bit, this game is fantastic as multiplayer.
    There is a huge community of players both here and in England.
    Even if you're only on 56K dialup, there's no problem in getting on to the English servers.

A new addon has just been released for this game called Team Sabre, and the new Delta Force game Joint Operations will be launched in March.

Have fun mate!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by bizmark

BHD is "pretty ok". Desert Storm 2 is a (bad) port of a bad PS2 game. One of the worst games I had the misfortune of installing (luckily I didnt buy it, it was an evaluation).

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i thought desert storm II was pretty decent. black hawk down is an insult imo.. not worth the time or effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Desert Storm is awfull.

Ive had manys the multiplayer game of BHD and found it enjoyable .

Desert Combat Mod for BF1942 is excelent , the apache's are cool. We honestly haven't went back to the original game since getting the Mod .

Americas Army is also one of my all time favorites. We've been playing the new Special Forces maps for the last few nights on our WAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I don't have Desert Storm and never played it, but i do have BHD and it's ****ing brilliant, well i think so anyway!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

winters is right,

the only option you have is to get bf1942 and then get the desert combat mod

it really does piddle on bhd and desert storm

but only if you plan to play online

thank you please

• Advertisement
Advertisement