Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squads for the future

• 27-01-2004 10:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of the top premiership clubs seem to be increasingly investing in youth these days, what yer views on the strengths of the various teams young players and how will they progress?

There's been a lot of talk about Fergie building a 2nd generation team for the future here over the past few months. Easily understandable considering the ages of his most recent signings. I'm not that familiar with most of the young Utd/Chel/Pool/Toon players, so please mention some of the youngsters with potential that i've left out. Players under 25 (Not sure if all these ages are accurate, just quickly had a look at their DOBs):

Man Utd :
    Howard 24
    Brown 24
    Kleberson 24
    Forlan 24
    Djemba-Djemba 23
    O'Shea 22
    Bellion 21
    Richardson 19
    Fletcher 19
    Ronaldo 18

Arse:
    Taylor 23
    Stack 22
    Cole 22
    Toure 22
    Jeffers 22
    Aliadiere 21
    Pennant 20
    Reyes (woo!) 20
    Bentley 19
    Clichy 18
    Senderos 18
    Hoyte 18
    Fabregas 16

Also: Smith, Thomas and Owusu-Abeyie, 18/18/17 respectively.

Liverpool:

Owen 24
    Riise 23
    Partridge 23
    Diouf 22
    Kirkland 22
    Vignal 22
    Baros 22
    Diarra 22
    Mellor 21
    Otsemebor 20
    Foley-Sheridan 20
    Le Tallec 19
    Medjani 19
    Sinama-Pongolle 19

Chelsea:

Mutu 24
    Duff 24
    Bridge 23
    Terry 23
    Cole 22
    Johnson 19
    Huth 19

erm, Chelsea team page seems a bit sparse... and the Newcastle website is asking me to register. fo!

I was surprised i reckonised so many of the young Liverpool players, they have so many! Must be cos of their fans continually bitching about them on here :p

I never hear about Man Utd's youngsters apart from the ones they've signed. Are the new crop any cop at all? Arsenal's seem to be coming along well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Utd will also have Miller coming in too. The Utd team won the FA Youth Cup last year. Beat Boro in the final so thats a good sign. Kieran Richardson looks an outstanding player and I like the look of Chris Eagles and Phil Bardsley too. Alex himself has compared Richardson to Giggs and Bardsley to Bruce so they should be good fingers crossed.

Also going a bit younger than that I know that the Man U under-17s are top of their league atm which is another good sign. The reason I know this is because I know a member of the team - Kyle Moran.

Advertisement