Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC crashing after disconnecting from internet

Options
  • 27-01-2004 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys. Have just purchased a new PC from Dell. Have attached it to an ISDN modem for the internet. Now, everything is working fine up until when I want to disconnect from the net. Whether its right clicking the taskbar icon and chossing disconnect, or simply closing IE and choosiing disconnect, every single time without fail the PC freezes and will do nothing until I pull the plug and reboot it. I've all the correct and updated drviers for the modem (Running XP) and the modem has been working on and existing PC with no problems. Anybody got any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If it's not software then it's hardware, if the ISDN modem was working with other computers before then it's more then likely the new Dell. Have you got another ISDN modem you can test?, try that first and see how the Dell responds. Also try yanking out the cable/connection in the middle of a download and see how the Dell copes with that.

Advertisement