Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the new netsorce.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They will be SWAMPED with applications.
    Can see them having a netsource moment for a while at the start!
    But this is good news, I was thinking tonight of registering a company (60 euro) just so I can get netsource, but i'll go with these guys if they're good.

Pity about the 12 month contract...and the fact you can't sign up...when you click on sign up it bring you to the sign up page for their basic Unix package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi Eth,

The link is good, should bring you to the sign-up for the Broadband - Basic plan.

It is available now.

HTH, Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Are we taking a commercial interaction Board to celebrate the occasion then :D ????

M

Cheers Steve! Sounds good so far.
    Just two questions:

Do you need to be a registered company to obtain this service, i.e are home users welcomed

and

What will you be putting in place to ensure your service doesn't end up emulating the netsource debacle where they were throttling people and ended up capping the service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

The order link still goes to the Basic Unix Plan.

But one more question. On the web site it says 50 Euro a month, but the linked PDF File states 45 Euro a month... what`s the correct amount ?

Cheers,
    Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Looks good.. but is it including vat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Looks good. Prob gonna end up going to netsource once I got the problem with my line sorted because of the shorter contract. The upcoming price changes looks a bit hopefully.
    Just rang them there. Price is 50Euro a month (Ex vat). They are fixing that on the site atm.
    In regards people who are on dl the service alot, the guy offered to get someone to ring me back in 5-10 minutes as he didnt. Half an hour later? Nothing.
    Eircom just rang me and told me my line has refailed the BB test so I now gotta try find the an engineer to tell me why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by dsab

But one more question. On the web site it says 50 Euro a month, but the linked PDF File states 45 Euro a month... what`s the correct amount ?
    At 8AM this morning, the website said €45/month €495/year. It's now saying €50/month €550/year. The PDF file was updated at 11:38 this morning, and also now says €50/month.

It looks like they've put the price up. And there's no mention of VAT anywhere.

Originally posted by dsab

It doesn't. Hit shift and refresh. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    It doesn't. Hit shift and refresh. :)
    Strangest looking "Broadband" plan I've come across:
    You have chosen to subscribe to the Broadband - Basic plan.
    The plan includes:
    Your own domain transferred from another provider;
    Your own virtual mail server including 10 free mailboxes; mail forwarding; mailbox aliases; mailing lists; autoresponders;
    Your own virtual web server (name or IP based hosting) including web statistics; CGI; Virtual host alias; FrontPage extensions; MIME Type; various types of logs; SSI; PHP; Custom Error Documents
    Setup Fee: €180.00 Monthly Fee: €50.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Just got the callback from them there. 75Gb a month limit under their usage policy. It sounded like a combined transfer limit but either way that much to high to really get close to.
    Now if only I could go order it today.

Hi Ripwave,

The price on the basis is 50 euro per month, and it includes email and webhosting. Vat is not included./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by eth0_
    ...I was thinking tonight of registering a company (60 euro) just so I can get netsource...

Would a sole trader suffice?
    Originally posted by Ryaner
    Just got the callback from them there. 75Gb a month limit under their usage policy. It sounded like a combined transfer limit but either way that much to high to really get close to.
    Now if only I could go order it today.

Here is a link to order, but look at the transfer, and price (no yearly?)

http://cp.hosting365.ie/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP?action=plan_compare&compare_way=group&template_name=submit/misc/compare_plans.sbm&gr_id=831649

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

that looks like 5GB to me - where is 75GB mentioned?

The 5GB is the quota on the web hosting space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Indeed, the only transfer allowance I see mentioned is 5gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by kida
    that looks like 5GB to me - where is 75GB mentioned?

The 5GB refers to the transfer on the webspace, I don't know where it says 75GB though.

Originally posted by raster
    Would a sole trader suffice?

Here is a link to order, but look at the transfer, and price (no yearly?)

http://cp.hosting365.ie/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP?action=plan_compare&compare_way=group&template_name=submit/misc/compare_plans.sbm&gr_id=831649

Hmm. If Steve could post here and let us know what the deal really is with this product it would be great.
    On that page it says their home, business AND professional packages have a 5GB limit....WTF?

Quotas
    Network traffic
    Included 5 GB
    Monthly €4.95/GB
    Extra €4.95/GB

Information:

Ok, I have just been onto a member of the sales team, here is what went down:

Stephen * : yes, it is
    Stephen * : The Basic service is available nationwide
    Stephen * : the other services will be from the end of march
    john : Excellent
    john : What time is your seals department open until?
    john : sales*
    Stephen * : Sales are available until 5.30pm daily
    john : Ok, thank you Stephen, and one more quick question, we were having a debate on boards.ie as to the traffic quota, it states that there is no limit on the main page, but in the traffic section it states that there is a 5 gig allowance. can you clarify this up for us, please?
    Stephen * : Absolutely
    Stephen * : the 5GB per month limit is on the 25Mb webspace included with the service
    Stephen * : there is no cap on the broadband access

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

48:1 contention ratio and effectively no cap is a recipe for problems -- I mean serious customer problems.

All the high volume users and no bandwidth. Stay away from it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Reyman
    48:1 contention ratio and effectively no cap is a recipe for problems -- I mean serious customer problems.

All the high volume users and no bandwidth. Stay away from it !
    IIRC people were saying the same thing about Netsource ... and it turned out to be true, but this is cheaper than Netsource and has other goodies as well that make it a much nicer looking deal for a lot of people, not just the heavy downloaders ... I think they may get a more balanced group of customers ... but if they want to keep promises I'd say they should have a daily cap of (for example) 1GB download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

With VAT it's actually €60 - that doesn't include the e-mail and IP and hosting stuff which all costs extra, no cap though.

Its €60.50 including VAT, and that includes Email, Webspace, etc, as per the specs.

For an uncapped service, I think it's much more acceptable than the competitors.

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Its €60.50 including VAT, and that includes Email, Webspace, etc, as per the specs.

Steve,

it says uncapped, but in reality what is the situation with the cap, would 100GB per month be acceptable, 50GB, you must have somehting in mind.

The T&C's only have a stock answer
    If your bandwidth reaches the points where it has an adverse affect on other clients we reserve the right to disable your site or throttle your connectivity until you can reduce your bandwidth usage.

Originally posted by raster
    it says uncapped, but in reality what is the situation with the cap, would 100GB per month be acceptable, 50GB, you must have somehting in mind.
    How clear do you want it - you may use as much of the service as you can without impacting other peoples usage. If everyone else only uses 2 or 3 gig a month, then they won't care if you use 50G. If everyone else uses 7 or 8 gig a month, then you're 50 G will be a problem. As they're not in the fortune telling business, they can't tell you how much will be to much, but if you figure out that downloading 24 hours a day for 30 days comes to about 160G, and that the service is designed to share that 160G with up to 48 other users, you can come to your own conclusions.

Personally, I'd be far more concerned about being liable to pay for excess bandwidth on a website, which I can't control (ever been slashdotted?) than I would be about having to pay for excess bandwidth on a my own connection.

Originally posted by Ripwave
    ...you can come to your own conclusions.
    with vague terms and conditions, and no clarification, that is the only option, roll on nolimts repetition.

Personally, I'd be far more concerned about being liable to pay for excess bandwidth on a website, which I can't control (ever been slashdotted?) than I would be about having to pay for excess bandwidth on a my own connection.
    good point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

what if these guys do another netsource or even silvermead fiasco

ie. take on a load of customers ranting on about how uncapped they are, once they take one too many customers they change the t's and c's because of "overuse"

obviously some customers leave, but others will stay on..

just my outlook on it, but by all means if i could get adsl id go with these guys first

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BArra
    ie. take on a load of customers ranting on about how uncapped they are, once they take one too many customers they change the t's and c's because of "overuse"
    Which part of the T&Cs would they have to change? You can use as much of the service as you can as long as you don't inconvenience anyone else. You're all smart people (one would hope), you know how much a pint glass holds, and if you try to drink a whole pint from a glass that's being shared by other people, then don't expect to be left alone.

If you want your own pint all to your self, pay for it.

Advertisement