Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 broadband

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I take it they are just reselling €ircons RADSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

Those 5GB limits are on the email/web hosting services provided with the broadband.

I'd have thought a €99/month for your own server, colo and a 100GB quota on a 20mbit line would have gotten more interest. Wierd.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by tuxx
    the new netsorce.....

Ironically the 'new netsource' may be getting their internet access from the old netsource :)

http://www.365hosting.ie/about_partners.php

They definitely look a better option for hosting, but if you just want to to download huge amounts every month, I think it's a bit early to get your hopes up. Only time will tell though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I was just speaking to gentleman on the hosting365's tech support chat. From what I've gathered, Hosting365 resells Netsource and any limits that netsource impose of Hosting365, they will have to abide by.

So in theory, should the members of hosting 265 consume excessive bandwidth, then Netsource may place restrictions for which h.365 have to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

so in reality - you are not going to have much more than netscapes limit - I wonder will they throttle or disconnect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i emailed them 2 days ago to inquire about there service still no reply, any company that dosnt reply to emil is dodgy in my opnion ;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by tuxx
    i emailed them 2 days ago to inquire about there service still no reply, any company that dosnt reply to emil is dodgy in my opnion ;/

Eircom hasn't responded to any of three emails I sent them in the last month, so you're probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Tuxx, drop me a pm with your details, we have no record of unanswered mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Tuxx, drop me a pm with your details, we have no record of unanswered mails.

Like all good soaps I can't wait for the next episode :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by MrPinK
    Ironically the 'new netsource' may be getting their internet access from the old netsource :)

http://www.365hosting.ie/about_partners.php

They definitely look a better option for hosting, but if you just want to to download huge amounts every month, I think it's a bit early to get your hopes up. Only time will tell though.
    Just a point on netsource, I've NEVER had abysmal download rates or even anything close, never had problems getting close to max from good ftp's etc.

The only 2 problems with netsource ar pings from about 22:00-04:00 and the price they're charging me. Still, I'll have bought my hosting and moved finished weeby off my private server in a month or so and intent to dump em then. Oh, and I've never been throttled for going over the cap they allegedly imposed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Oh, and I've never been throttled for going over the cap they allegedly imposed.

Firsly I'm taking it that your on the SoHo Package? How much do you go over the cap? And when you say max speeds what are you currently getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

im on ns and i'll be pissed if heavy users sign up to this new 365 dealy and reck my perfect (as in as good as IOL in all respects without the cap ) connection.

i hate heavy users on shared lines. 'must download new enterprise episodes' must have all 5 million recorded songs in existance, etc. etc. and dont give me that i'm entitled to use it cause i pay for it crap. get bent.

especially considering i have broadband, but according to eircom my line isn't good enough for it so changing could be a bitch.

My line was good enough and then wasnt. Had to get my aunt to ask an engineer nicely to get it back good enough. The ping on ns are looking very impressive atm.
    As for the 365 thing, I'm thinking they've been assigned their own ports as in seperate from ns. Ns did go thru alot to sort out the pings etc I know.
    Main thing I wanna know tho is how far above the cap do you have to go before they throttle you and if you do it once of do they throttle you anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Firsly I'm taking it that your on the SoHo Package? How much do you go over the cap? And when you say max speeds what are you currently getting?
    Yes, soho package. Download consistantly at 55k+ off ftp.esat.net. Went about 14 gigs over the capone month, but that was exceptional due to backing up some remote files, usually about about 3 or 4 gigs. Maybe there's a bit of leeway involved, it'd be stupid to go down to the meg.

yeah they said they do have some leeway, but 16gb a month is kinda what they say. 55k is pretty alright what pings are you getting atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We are no longer reselling the netsource service and will have a new offering available as soon as possible, watch this space :)

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    We are no longer reselling the netsource service and will have a new offering available as soon as possible, watch this space :)

Stephen

Sweeet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Yes, soho package. Download consistantly at 55k+ off ftp.esat.net. Went about 14 gigs over the capone month, but that was exceptional due to backing up some remote files, usually about about 3 or 4 gigs. Maybe there's a bit of leeway involved, it'd be stupid to go down to the meg.

We were under the cap for Novemeber and December, January we ended up at 22.01GB (6Gigs over the cap) and they cut us down.
    Another customer and Boards.ie member was throttled after using 19GB in a month.

Prehaps it's only on exchanges/POPs where there are more than 4 people? (assuming 4 512KBit conenctions on a 2Meg circuit from the exchange, it won't affect anyone else whether they all download at full whack or not)

Advertisement