Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the areas

• 28-01-2004 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

the areas not do not have broadband , i.e. were i live, (8 miles for dundalk, 7 from ardee and 4 from carrickmacross. will the lines ever br upgraded ? will i ever get proper broadband????
    i have money, here ......take it,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

If your that far from those areas your best bet may be wireless. I know Digiweb have a service up around there. Check out their site and see if your covered.
    http://www.digiweb.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Crimson

no no u stay away from the wireless things dude

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

what other options are available?

wil proper broadband ever be available in my area?

Seriously if your that far from the towns how far are you from the exchanges? Options are really only wireless or satelite as far as I can see

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

aye, wireless wud be his only option really, it can be ok at times, better than nothing, stay away from satellite its rubbish in that you cant play games on it at all and its massively expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

If its just gaming you want then ur best bet wud be isdn, if its downloading and the odd game here and there go for the wireless.

Some time ago I read about a new kind of dsl that can go up to 20km from the exchange, i havent heard about it since but whenever if ever that happens it wud solve everyones problems.

Originally posted by Gonzo
    Some time ago I read about a new kind of dsl that can go up to 20km from the exchange, i havent heard about it since but whenever if ever that happens it wud solve everyones problems.

Wouldnt solve mine. Eircom dont seem to wanna give me BB anymore. My line used to pass n all

are there any wireless providers in the dundalk area, and how far will it reach?

once again, try www.digiweb.ie. They are around that area. Other than them check the boards. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95197
    Thats give a fairly good list of everything

eh, are didgiweb not a satellite sort of deal, also i hear they are dear, and i personally hate the guy who runs that place, i used to work for him, colm piercy i believe his name is.

he said that i downloaded xmen 1 on kazaa and ****ed up the network, which was ****ing lie!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

try Net1 in Ardee/Carrickmacross

ok, this crowd looks pretty good? whats the feedback on them? also how good is wireless?

Wireless tends to give fairly good speeds. The pings arent too bad either. Mostly around the same I get on my modem at night with is around 130

Advertisement