Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Galactic Conquest ] Space Map!

Options
  • 28-01-2004 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Holy crap; I didn't think it was possible - but Galactic Conqeust claim and show evidence that you can make maps in space for Battlefield!
    Check it out:
    http://www.jolt.co.uk/image.php?id=19519

http://www.jolt.co.uk/image.php?id=19516

Here's the blurb that comes with the news post:
    SZier stopped by the forums earlier and announced details of one of our most anticipated maps, GC_Tanaab, in space! Here's what was said:

Many of our faithful fans have been trying to convince us that it is, in fact, possible to do a space map in battlefield. Even more have said it’s impossible. We haven’t said much one way or the other, but I suppose it’s time we made an official response: We *know* it’s possible.

In fact, long before anyone mentioned it, we’ve been working on a Space map. I’d like to introduce everyone to GC_Tanaab, a .2 release map, and tell you all a little about it.

During the height of the Empire, the power of the Emperor’s hand extended even to remote systems such as Tanaab. In order to better maintain control over the growing pirate presence in these systems, an Imperial Shipyard was built in an asteroid field just outside of the Tanaab system. This shipyards’ primary purpose was to act as a re-supply point for Star Destroyers on deep missions out of the core. However, it’s remote location soon made it prime for select research and testing facilities.

The Rebels learned of the shipyard when a high ranking Imperial officer resigned his commission and joined the Rebellion. The rebels planned a quick strike on the Shipyard, to disable operations and destroy experimental craft located inside it’s facilities. The plan would have gone perfectly, had the Imperial Star Destroyer Judicator not arrived for it’s scheduled maintenance shortly after the battle began…

GC_Tanaab is an objective map with numerous vehicle types in it, and several objectives for both craft, and assaulting infantry on the shipyards. I should point out that some of the graphics are still work in progress, such as the proton torpedo weapon icon. And yes, those Blockade Runners are pilot-able by full crews.

Tanaab has been in testing for a while, and we’ll be posting up some action shots of the map soon. But not before we let out a few more surprises in the next week or so. Stay tuned for more!

This looks really sweet and could well bring the mod's reputation back up after a frankly poor first alpha release.

Comments

Advertisement