Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperterminal Probs - Electricons

• 28-01-2004 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Im trying to get my pc to talk to my ericsson phone using the above schematic.

When i fire up hyperterminal at 9600,n,8,1 on com 1, the stupid thing won't even let me type not to mind say send or receive.

Using brays terminal i get nothing sent back at all
    I suspected that i wasnt getting enough volts for max232 to operate so i cut out the regulator and stuff and added my own 5v supply(note i use max232cpe). So now all i have is the four 10u caps and 5v and gnd

Still hyperterminal wont let me type

When i use bray's terminal proggie it just echo's back the command that i have sent it. eg AT
    AT etc.
    when it should be AT ---- OK etc

CAn anyone help? this is driving me mad.
    What is wrong with hyperterminal?
    Are there any other good terminal prog's out there
    Im using max232cpe - Whats the difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

havent used hyperterminal in a while but afair u dont see what u type in hyperterminal unless u type in a certain command (it escapes me at the mo what it is, if i remember ill post it up), is this what u mean when u say it "wont let u type"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There doesn't appear to be any major differences between the two chips at least not in the context you are using it.

I presume you've tried different baud rates etc there are a couple more similar circuitshere and here

Tinky

Advertisement