Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Battlefield questions

Options
  • 28-01-2004 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Now I've always wanted to do some gaming and something drew me to this particular game.
    What do I need to buy as an absolute beginer and what will it cost?
    Where can I find out as much as possible about this game, how its played and the fun I can have with it and maybe mpegs of some sample play.

I have broadband so if I like this, I'd obviously like to do some online battlefield with others-how is this done? what steps are there etc etc to set that up also, bearing in mind I've never done this before.

Rock climber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Firstly, welcome.

Ok, you can pick up a copy of Battlefield 1942 in most game shops for around €40/€50. Here it is on play.com. After that all you need to do is to install the game and you can play the single player straight away. If you intend to play online you will need the update patch which can be found here. If, as you say, it is your first game i would suggest you play single player for awhile or else you will get, as they say in the gaming world, ownd.

Thats it really, there are many mods etc... for the game which can be found on the link above. I'll post more links and info once i get home, but now i've just clocked out, so for now your on your own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'd suggest playing the single player for a while aswell so you get the hang of the game, otherwise you won't enjoy the multiplayer very much (dying all the time isn't fun).

Once you do start playing online, I highly recommend All Seeing Eye to find servers to play on. It's muchos better than the system built into the game.

For now though, just buy the game, install it and play around in Singleplayer for a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

u might want to try desert combat since u have broadband.
    it can be found here : http://www.desertcombat.com/?page=downloads
    try the single player on that once you have tried single player on battlefield however i would advice getting a joystick if your really serious into it so dont jump in and buy one straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Thanks Guys.

I'll order the game and take it from there, if theres any other help links or suggestions, that would be great.

rock climber

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

just basicallywhat everybody else has said. Just look around this board cuz theres loads of stuff on it. Like links to all loads of sites about bf1942 and all the mods and patchs that are out for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement