Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Essential Alice In Chains Rip Off

Options
  • 28-01-2004 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

The Essential, due March 16 from Columbia/Legacy.

Disc one:
    'We Die Young'
    'Man In The Box'
    'Bleed The Freak'
    'Love, Hate, Love'
    'Am I Inside'
    'Brother'
    'Got Me Wrong'
    'Right Turn'
    'Rain When I Die'
    'Them Bones'
    'Angry Chair'
    'Dam That River'
    'Dirt'
    'God Smack'
    'Hate To Feel'
    'Rooster'

Disc two:
    'No Excuses'
    'I Stay Away'
    'What The Hell Have I' (remix)
    'A Little Bitter' (remix)
    'Grind'
    'Heaven Beside You'
    'Again'
    'Shame In You'
    'Over Now' (unplugged)
    'Nutshell' (unplugged)
    'Get Born Again'
    'Died'
    'Would?'

Just another record company exercise in getting cash for things you already have, by the looks of it. There's nothing new here. They've already released the Greatest Hits, Music Bank the Box Set, Nothing Safe - the Best Of... they've re-released the Nothing Safe Best Of with a DVD of all the videos (which you can buy separately at a higher price)...

When will it all end? They were a great band but this is getting ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

That's really bad. Especially because it's whoring such a great band.

Have you heard Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff? It kicks ass.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Just another record company exercise in getting cash for things you already have, by the looks of it. There's nothing new here. They've already released the Greatest Hits, Music Bank the Box Set, Nothing Safe - the Best Of... they've re-released the Nothing Safe Best Of with a DVD of all the videos (which you can buy separately at a higher price)...

When will it all end? They were a great band but this is getting ridiculous.
    Bear in mind that Tupac, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Notorious BIG....et al have all had posthumous releases well into double figures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Aye, but at least with Tupac Shazam and the fat fella they dredged up new crap like them coughing into the micophone and stuff. This is just a compilation of songs they've already put on two previous compilations, repackaged to try and squeeze more money out of a corpse. There is nothing new about the songs on the CD. They've all been released at least twice before.

Mystic - yeah I got Degradation Trip, it's quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

The Jerry Cantrell stuff is great, amazing how much it sounds like Alice In Chains though - just goes to show how much he did in Alice In Chains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Well they're not MAKING you buy it are they? Greatest hits 'essential collections and so on'are grand I think so. They're handy if A band you want to check out has one and then you would'nt have to buy their whole back catalouge.Or if you could'nt be bothered with there other albums ie Chili best of, Ministry's. A lot of bands just have great singles and it good having them on the one disc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Of course not, but the point I am making is that there are two available already, so does the world need another one? No, it's just greed. Record companies could be investing in new talent rather than trying to rip off the uninitiated.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The Alice in Chains "Greatist Hits" is a joke anyway. There's only 10 or 11 songs on it altogether. They should have had at least 25 songs on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I am now getting sick of the AIC cash-in by Columbia...... Layne & Jerry's music spoke for itself & frankly was the best music around on EVERY level in the 90's.... his death was tragic, untimely & really left the world short another AWESOMELY talented song writer & lyracist......

Yet again proof that record labels no longer view artists as 'artists' but as 'the quick buck' - & they wonder why CD sales suck??? Probably cos tey invest so much money in prmoting ****e like Britney Spears, no one buys it, they make a loss & then blame 'file sharing' out of convenience - need I say that bands like Metallica, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi etc have ALL sold near the 100m album mark & remarkably have had 20+ year careers in the industry - can't say the same for alot of POP artists - just goes to show the industry had it's eggs in the wrong basket for a LONG LONG time....

The Silver Surfer!
    :: You've just been surfed on.......CCOOWWAAABBUNNGGAAA DUUUUUUDE!!! ::

Advertisement