Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Exhibition...

Options
  • 28-01-2004 1:24pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, heres a thought: We have some serious talent here in image manipulation and we could easily knock out a showcase of 15-20 really good pieces from what we already have an what we could pull together in a month or two...

then we could put on a mini exhibition of all the stuff on a separate webpage on Boards (I'll make the webspace stuff "go"...)

We'd need to pick the very best of pictures, stuff that would really make a statement or wow the audience with its technical ability to subtly alter a real world image.
    call it: "The Camera Never Lies" or something.

Or am I stone cold mad?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

sounds like a gr8 idea :) ill get to work. If ne1 can post up images they think would be suitable for photoshoppery it'd be a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

cool ider.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It has to be originally a real-world(™) picture then? Hmmm. This could be interesting, but it could take a while aswell...

Why am I already thinking of altering DeV's picture from that Irish Times article???

Hehe...

Goats eyes anyone?

lol. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

ahem.....

DEV.jpg

Thats is all

• Advertisement

omfg skeelz, so subtly done....ud never know it was photoshopped....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

great idea dev, ill wait till sionnach posts something to see what the standard should be, any preferences as to size, i was thinking 800x600

OMFG! I just spilled a cop of tea over myself and my keyboard laughing at that!

Good job my work computer is to crap for it to have done any damage.

Oops.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ho. Ho.

DeV.

Note to self: kill alany

Originally posted by angelofdeath
    great idea dev, ill wait till sionnach posts something to see what the standard should be, any preferences as to size, i was thinking 800x600

ill be in mayo till the 9th of feb, away from my lovely image editing machine :/ so theres no point in waiting on me

• Advertisement

Here's my first, and very basic attempt:

18938dietboards.jpg

This is just for the laugh. I'm gonna work on something more artistic from now on...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

For what it's worth, here's my half hour attempt

BOARDS.IE.jpg

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

heheh those are funny but I think we should stay away from Photoshopping Boards.ie into stuff (though I have to say those two are pretty good!). It would be cool if people who arent even Boards.ie people could look at the work and think "wow, I wonder how they did that..."

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm going thru an uninspired phase :p . (a long one) .

osamastrike.jpg

missile_attak.jpg

I'm still working with the Kalidascope theme at the moment. This is a work-in-progress. I think I'll introduce some more colour into the kalidascopes themselves.

18938kalidascopicascension_v1_0.jpg

Anybody got any ideas for a background? I'm still looking around for something appropriate. The theme of the piece revolves around the concept of following a kind of road (fate?) towards a higher plane of existence (arty-farty or what!). I kind of saw the 'outside' of the kalidascopes being a distracting influence to the correct path (the inside).

Feel free to contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Is there any theme to this at all? I'm kinda lost already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

hey mr angry, i've a good image of train tracks that might suit, not sure about the size though....

have it for manana.

yeah, do we have a theme or is it just try to be as impressive and seamless as possible?

Sorry. Think I might have gone a bit overboard and confused everyone. That really should be in the Art forum, rather than here. I think DeV's idea was that we'd manipulate real-world images, rather than create new ones. I think he kind of clarified things with his "Life on Mars" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

regardless, heres the pic

Cheers Panda, that is almost exactly what I was looking for! The image proportions are a little off, but I'm pretty sure I can blend things together, with a little work.

Cheers m8. ;)

• Advertisement

boardshenge.jpg

I call it Boardshenge, what do you think?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

That is excellent!
    Fair play.

Anyone got any suggestions that they think could work? I've got a bit of photoshoppers block at the moment.

Precariousnuts, thats pretty cool.

What I was thinking of with the exhibition is kinda like a "Best of Pix'n'Mix" featuring some of the top notch stuff done here and some pieces specially done for the exhibition. Maybe 10-12 pieces in total but as high quality as possible.

DeV.

Advertisement