Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like a CDRW?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

That is the sort of thing u come up with at 5 in the morning aint it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It strikes me that some of the things that people like to discuss the most are pretty well hidden here.

I refer to the Films and Books boards. Wouldn't it make sense to have boards which are of such interest to pretty much everyone linked straight off the front of the site? I know that their position off After Hours is a logical one, but it just strikes me that both boards could be much busier if they were more prominent. After all, watching films is allegedly the number one leisure activity of people in Ireland at the moment...

It would be nice to have a little one- or two-paragraph abstract, reasonably prominently placed, for each board, explaining what it's for and why it's there, just to give newbies an introduction to the boards.

When you first click on the "After Hours" board from the frontpage, there is a set of links across the top to all the other boards in the After Hours section. It'd be nice to keep that set of links throughout all boards in that section, just to make it easy to navigate between boards. It's potentially confusing for newbies to have to navigate out of the board they are in and into another one.

Some of the current moderators do a great job; some of them don't do any job at all, in fairness. On some of the quieter boards, I think the role of the moderator is not just to make sure that everyone "plays nicely", but also to stimulate conversation and discussion. I dunno, it's just a thought.

Ja,
    Rob

"Boards.ie is my homepage because... I went into internet options and clicked 'Set Homepage; Current Page; OK'. Why, how did you do it?"

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Shinji (edited 05-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Yes id like my CDRW now please. With extra fries.

Advertisement