Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next one?

Options
  • 28-01-2004 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

i know, i know. its only been 3days since the lan but i had so much fun that i was wondering do you even have a rough estimate on when the next one is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Very late March/Very early April

Someone go use their l33t calender skills and find me some dates, I'll see if I'm finished my exams/in dublin working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well 2nd of april till the 19th of april are easter holidays for GMIT.
    check NUI's holidays and see it they overlap and if they do you go some serious LANNAGE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Jesus man, it's a long ways aways yet, gl8 wasn't as good as I thought it would be to be honest, there was no halo, nfs, actually, BF, QW,Q3 and CS appeared to be the only games played :), more tournis next time please, there was only one this time, and only 4 played on my team, I'll try and be able to play on 13 ping next time, I'll hopefully actually hit them instead of constantly firing in front of them :/, anyhoo, methinks that any days would be grand, but get more regular gl'ers to come, Bob_bot, Number6, Angelwhore, Mikill etc, I didn't know 1/8th of the people at this one and the only people I really met at it were Giblet agus Vinnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

nfs was played plenty me+penguin+caliden were playing a good lot of games

MTA was played alot

CS alot pf playing and so was TS

sadly no halo:(

and pity drakes team lost in cs tourny and he got pissed off and didnt arange other matches:P:P

yah nfsu was played on sunday mostly >shush< ( i think ) not sure but he was real sound bout it considering i bugged him enough that he had to finish his Desert combat game ( sorry dude)
    sadly MTA didnt work for me or penguin but i'll have it working by gl9 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

There is no way i'm ever organising anything ever again.

After the abortion of a competition at this lan.

Good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Originally posted by DRakE

Good day.

Like CS isn't an abortion of a game anyway :)

/me awaits the barrage of insults.... PH33R TH3 l0RD

i wouldnt mind organinsg it if you just showed me how to set up hltv in spectator mode on it so it can be recorded and how to run multiple servers off the one computer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I had a hltv set up for the match. Have the demo too if anyone wants it.

Its Hi-larious :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Very late March/Very early April

Someone go use their l33t calender skills and find me some dates, I'll see if I'm finished my exams/in dublin working.
    robbo@frink:~$ cal 03 2003

• Advertisement

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    I had a hltv set up for the match. Have the demo too if anyone wants it.

Its Hi-larious :)

yah raven post on here. i wanna have a look.
    btw is there anyway of running it without having CS 1.6 /HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Good day.

not even if a few l3370r playas from dcu attended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

[-=RaVeN=-], I'd love to c the demo's. unfortuantely I had to leave the lan early, and my brother is bragging at how well he did in my stead. (I don't belive him).

Hope to have no interruptions at GL9. I was dissapointed to hear that there was leeching during game play. I'm dissapointed at this, I would have liked the leechers/ppl not playing games to actually play the games no matter how crap they are or how much they hate the game. IMO Lans are about games! Leeching at nite was a good idea tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Most people just browsed and add files to there que then leeched at night afaik.

I'll upload the demos now.

USE 1.6 TO PLAY THIS

Originally posted by Sniipe
    [-=RaVeN=-], I'd love to c the demo's. unfortuantely I had to leave the lan early, and my brother is bragging at how well he did in my stead. (I don't belive him).

Hope to have no interruptions at GL9. I was dissapointed to hear that there was leeching during game play. I'm dissapointed at this, I would have liked the leechers/ppl not playing games to actually play the games no matter how crap they are or how much they hate the game. IMO Lans are about games! Leeching at nite was a good idea tho.

ALOT of leeching was left till night. mostly patches/updates/etc. was got during the day.
    people actually tried to get into gaming i.e. asking for updates/mods etc.
    Leeching was left till night and turned out fairly well except some peeps files were still queued in the morning and werent skipped but on sunday most peeps didnt come in until 10.30/11.
    i was on my own in there from 9.15 till Ronan¦Raven came in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I stand corrected!

leeching was allowed on Sunday, but only with the leechee's permission, you were supposed to ask them first afaik, I just leeched a load off Drake when he was gone out for lunch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Never organising it ever again.

It was the worst game of CS I ever played in my whole life. Bin that demo Steve, please.

Sigh, what a farce. I cant even be arsed defending CS after that shocking display of absolute turd.

- Depressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

- Depressed.

*Joy!*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll organise the thing next time, and you can take a look at the teams to ensure some level of fairness (though they'll initially be generated randomly) / balancing.
    This is for fun, it's not the CPLs.
    You're not all geeky 13-year old South Koreans who die in their own crapulance sitting in front of Everquest for 72hours straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

It was the worst game of CS I ever played in my whole life. Bin that demo Steve, please.

well i had no intention of looking at the demo but after reading this i think i just might :)

Originally posted by SyxPak
    You're not all geeky 13-year old South Koreans who die in their own crapulance sitting in front of Everquest for 72hours straight.

WE ARENT?!?!?!

Advertisement