Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving From Netsource to 365

• 28-01-2004 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about moving from Netsource to 365 as they have much better hosting etc included and at a cheaper price than NS.

I have a few questions:

Can I now transfer my connection directly to 365 without any down time as per new Comreg ruling?

Do I still have to pay Netsource for 3 months of non use?

tia,

carb.

P.S. setup fees with 365 are 90+ VAT for the self install according to their webpage , but 180 Inc VAT on the order form??!!??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Heh .... I knew it would be only hours before this would be brought up .... but I'd also be interested in the answers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ok,
    What you should be asking is;
    Does ISP (a) allow migration to ISP (b), and does ISP (b) support migration from ISP (a) to ISP (b). These questions will have to be answered by your respective (or non-respective) ISP.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

Going to give this a couple of months before I consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I'm thinking you'll prob have to pay netsource but there is talk that the hosting365 thing is just a resell on netsource? Dunno how that will work. Ring and ask them directly.
    Eircom will prob annoy the head off you in regards changing because they manage the exchange. Talk to hosting365 and they might be able sort something for you. Netsource may cause probs with contract etc so talk to them too. Be nice to everyone and I'm sure it'll all work out.
    Post if you do change without a break in service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Aye , I'm gonna hold out another few months and see what's available as there seems to be quite a few changes on all fronts in the pipeline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Ryaner
    but there is talk that the hosting365 thing is just a resell on netsource? m

thats just weird netsource have a wholesale of a wholesale service? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by tuxx
    thats just weird netsource have a wholesale of a wholesale service? lol

It's not weird. Smaller ISP's wouldn't have the money to go directly from Eircom, going through Netsource or another reseller means they don't need a plethora of very expensive kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by daveirl
    365 is a resell on Eircom not on Netsource, isn't it?

Nope, they're using Netsource's wholesale product. Like I said, going direct with Eircom would cost them a huge amount and presumably they want to keep their initial expenditure as low as possible.

I think i'll go with 365, I was going to go with netsource, but at least this way I don't have to fork out 60 euro to register a company in order to use them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

I wouldnt touch Netsource with a bargepole atm.

Back to the bad old days, ****ty ping city and the "we gonna get some more bandwidth :soon: story"

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the deal is with cancelling BB and moving. I've just got netsources t&c and the section reads.
    5.1 Disconnection Charge
    A €150 disconnection charge will apply to DSL (business broadband) service cancellations

This means that if I was to go with netsource and few months down the line change I'd have to pay that and then another connection few to who ever else I change to right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Anyone know what the deal is with cancelling BB and moving. I've just got netsources t&c and the section reads.

This means that if I was to go with netsource and few months down the line change I'd have to pay that and then another connection few to who ever else I change to right?

I rang them last week and was told I would have to pay a 75 yoyo disconnection charge.Better off waiting until the migration of service option comes into effect.

I dunno 75 is better than 150 but still bit stupid for cancelling. Anyway I going for this as I needed something which could be upgraded and I wasnt going with eircom

Advertisement