Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6310i bluetooth accept question

Options
  • 28-01-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello
    I've just started using the bluetooth element of my 6310i in association with a sony palm OS plamtop. All works fine except the connection always asks me to manually accept the paired device before proceeding.

I have V. 4.80 on the Nokia.

Is there any way of cutting out having to accept the connection each time?
    Thanks
    JT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

That's a security feature as far as I know, to stop your bluetooth air waves being accessed by someone else witha bluetooth device.... don't think it can be disabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jt

thanks thesteve

i reckon it is a logical security measure.

However, i want to override it cos i want to be able to leave the 6310i and the palmtop alone and use snappermail to automatically download email on a regular basis (say every 30 mins). Having to manually accept the connection each time cuts out the convenience of auto downloading.

Would upgrading the firmware help?

jt

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

my knowledge of getting around bluetooth security measures would be pretty limited but i'd say you're stuck with it, unless you can get some third party software to keep the link active, i'd get onto sony or nokia even to see what they have to say, but I'd say the first guy will pawn you off on the security measure speech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

once paired (i.e. pass keys are exchanged) and the device stored on the phone, you can set a paird device as 'authorised' i.e. confirmation is not required on each connect

Menu
    Bluetooth
    scroll to View Paired Devices (and press Select)
    scroll to Highlight the relevant paired device (and press Options)
    scroll to Request conn. authorisation (and press Select)
    scroll to No (and press Select)

when this paired device tries to connect to the phone in future, authorisation will not be required

BrianG

Great, thanks BrianG

jt

• Advertisement

update
    following the advice above I setup the Nokia and sony to talk to one another by bluetooth without the need for accepting each connection.

I was trying to use snappermail (www.snappermail.com) trial version to setup regular automatic email downloads but couldn't get it to work - for some reason snappermail couldn't see the nokia..

Cliemail which came with the sony did work however, so I'm going to give theautomatic downloads a go for a few days to see if it is worthwhile or a communication overload.

tx again,
    jt

Advertisement