Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Leeds Be Relegated???

• 28-01-2004 3:48pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do you think leeds will be relegated?? Post your vote now

Will Leeds be relegated this season??? 55 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    90% 50 votes
    Don't care
    9% 5 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They're doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If they go into administration there is no question that they will be relegated and i they don't they will probably have to sell one of there best players. I can't see them staying up either way and will become another Sheffield Utd or Wimbledon.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

They've to get 23 points from their remaining games to reach the usual safety of the 40 point mark. I can't see them getting those points from anywhere. 23 points is 7 wins and a draw. On current form, there's absolutely no way they'll do it.

They're gone. And when they go, there's not enough money in Division 1 to pay what they owe. I think they're finished altogether.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by wynters
    23 points is 7 wins and a draw.

better do ur maths again there 23 points is 7 wins and 2 draws or 8 wins (24 points)
    Which doesnt make their situation any healthier, bye bye dirty smelly leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

its lookin highly likely atm tbh they need a miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

i think they will go to administration and end up losing their good players . i dont think they will stay up fair play if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think leeds will go down.

But I'm pretty sure that you wont need 40+ points to stay up this year.
    I'd guess somewhere around 37-38 will keep you up.

And we've all seen that the arrival of a new manager or player can give a team a boost, and they go on a run.

So if Leeds were to be rescued, that might provide a stimulus for the players to start playing well. I mean with the players they have, Viduka, Smith, Bridges, Harte, Duberry etc they should really be capable of stringing a couple of bak to back wins, if things were right off the pitch.

But like I said, if I were a betting man, (which i am :) ) my money would be on therm going down, and some of there big reputation players will go the Lee Sharpe route.

X

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm a leeds fan and at this stage i think they will go down. There is just too many off field problems and thats what has caused all this. Administration and division 1 here we come!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Definitely gone. And good riddance.

They havent a hope of getting the required points with sunday league players like Harte and Duberry. And as for the fat lazy Aussie bástard. Hes just a waste of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

They asre gone cause Big Ron said so at the start of the season before a ball had been even kicked and he loves pointing that out at every given oppurtunity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by Washout
    They asre gone cause Big Ron said so at the start of the season before a ball had been even kicked and he loves pointing that out at every given oppurtunity :)

LOL yeah noticed that too!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

there a team i would love to see stay up but thats very very unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 mithrandir

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Administration has been put off until Feb The 6th but they are going to have to sort themselves out sharpish. From June any Premiership club going into administration will be deducted 9 points .

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm a Leeds fan and I'd generally consider myself to be ridiculously optimistic where they're concerned, but even I can't see a way out of the current mess. I don't think there's any doubt that Leeds are going down, today's pathetic performance just added to the haste with which they'll depart the Premiership, but I'm genuinely worried that I won't have a club to support next season. It's a bit difficult to decide to support another team after nearly 30 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I held off voting on this but when they conceed 3 goals against low scoring Middlesboro then its curtains.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I think they will go. But they have brought it on themselves! leasing players!! part-buy schemes and percentage of next sale clauses!! they said they only got a few million for the club from selling rio fredinand and kewell!! Mad deals. I can't see the Sheik coming to there rescue, he probably seen their books!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

It does look like it's bye bye Leeds. To try and bounce back next year they'll have to appoint a decent manager as soon as possible.
    Sunderland were in a similar position last year but McCarthy has given them every chance to return to the top flight after dumping all the moaners/whingers and working with players who actually wanted to play for the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Leeds will go down, have to sell all players worth anything....Won't be able to appoint a decent manager, unless he is willing to work for peanuts and is a Leeds man through and through...

At Palace we had a similar situation..

Stupid Berk (Mark Goldberg) comes in, pays big money to players, pays big money to Manager (Terry Venables), realises can't afford any of it, club goes down...

Club goes into administration, all players sold to first offer on table...The only reason we didn't go down is because we had Steve Coppell as manager, he performed miracles...

The same thing will happen to Leeds, but they have no Steve Coppell...

• Advertisement

Ah yes, 'Lucky' Terry Venables.
    As far as I know Leeds are still paying him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

And O'Leary and Reid as well.

And 500k a year to Fowler while at City.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They're gonners, I reckon. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Looks like Robinson will sign for Spurs but will remain on loan at Leeds until the end of the season.
    http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1121767,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Yep but as you say tottenham are going to loan him back to leeds until the end of the season

Bridges is going to newcastles on loan until the end of the season too,

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by kaids
    They're doomed.

Advertisement