Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Key broken?

• 28-01-2004 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Got a 128M USB key there a few weeks ago. Was working fine until the other day.
    When I put it into the USB port it was detected and a new drive letter showed up but when I double click on the drive it says "Please insert a drive into drive E:"
    When I right-click and go to properties it says there is 0 bytes free and 0 bytes used. Filesystem unknown.

Looks to me like its broken, anyone got any tricks that I can use to get it back?

Nice one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Look like the file system is gone

you will have to format it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

try dif usb port format it, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Crimson

HA u brock it :p --- format should sort that out for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

was getting similar messages out of a zip disk last week. when i tried to access it, it told me "Please insert a drive into drive E:"

when i tried to format i got the msg "the drive cannot be formatted". dunno how helpful it is, but my disk was well an truely fubared. try formatting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Just reformat as FAT32. Normally the USB Keys are pretty reliable and even the heaviest user would have trouble b0rking one in less than a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    was getting similar messages out of a zip disk last week. when i tried to access it, it told me "Please insert a drive into drive E:"

when i tried to format i got the msg "the drive cannot be formatted". dunno how helpful it is, but my disk was well an truely fubared. try formatting

I got that error when I tried to format a 250MB (or maybe 500MB?) disc in my old 100MB zip drive.

Advertisement