Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building site!

• 28-01-2004 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Carlow Institute of Technology has been awarded the overall first prize in the Irish Concrete Society's annual awards for its use of concrete in the campus's new learning resource centre and amenity building.

The jury said that the design generated a "sense of vibrancy" through the use of concrete in different forms, shapes and textures.

The infrastructure projects category was won by the footbridge over the N11 motorway at Kilmacanogue in Co Wicklow while the small projects prize winner was the Milkbar in Montague Street for its use of terrazzo in counters and floors.

ooooooh feel the vibrancy!!!;)

But what i wanted to ask was what is been built just behind the Kilshin Center???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

a campus pub?? is it???! please say it's a pub!!!

Never heard of a concrete society before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

its not the leisure centre anyway coz building on that isnt due to start until 2005. so lets all hope its the pub. could be more parkin spaces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

its not a pub cos i think thats part of the leisure centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

But the one vital piece of information you are forgetting is that most of us will be gone by the time it's actually built! :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Building a pub on campus would be just plain old retarded, can you imagine buzz trying to stop the inevitable fights?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

alot of other colleges manage it...

although alot of other colleges aren't in carlow.

but still, the irish are violent drunks wherever you go.. if it works in other colleges i can't really see why it wouldn't work here..

cept for the fact we wouldn't really have enough students to keep it running..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by CareBear
    But the one vital piece of information you are forgetting is that most of us will be gone by the time it's actually built! :dunno:

You'd think that wouldn't ye. But ye'd be surprised. Some of the ex-carlow heads are trying to find ways back, including buying property in Carlow, to rent, and then live off, while studying in Carlow IT. I'll mention no names, but I'll be back... ww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭scrawnban

farlo u got way to much free time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    Building a pub on campus would be just plain old retarded, can you imagine buzz trying to stop the inevitable fights?

We'll get the pub first and worry about fights after that but as they said, we wont be here when its built, ah nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

they're building "The Killeshin Centre II". they're gonna build it, then knock down the old killeshin centre and move everything to there, including the students union.

hopefully they'll have anti-boredom and anti-sleep radiators in it. and also anti-crappy teacher classrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I get a bit confused between (Barrow centre and Killeshin centre)so if I have the buildings mixed up I iwll edit post,

The killeshin centre was only meant to be a temporary building put up while the college extension was being build but it didn't end up being as temporary as intended,

So its prob a replacement for it or maybe its for the new courses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

What new courses??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fergal20

Its nothing to do with the college, they dont own the site. Thats what I've been told by a lecturer anyway. I also couldn't give a damn because by the time they have it built I'll be out of this hole:)

Advertisement