Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Remember This???

Options
  • 28-01-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Just found this in my cousins house. Was mine upuntil i was about 8 then i gave it to him. Looks so retro compared to todays games. All mechanical, no computer bits at all. Im sure this is what makes me such a great driver today! :):)

http://www.heimcomputer.de/english/kurios/tomyturbo.html

Tomy Racing Turbo. oooooooooooh yeah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I spent a good few hours with one of those meself when i was a young fella. It was an addictive wee yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

jesus, its years since ive seen one of them!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I remember a mate having one of them. It was the bees knees at the time. Boy, has technology advanced! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I had one of them, it was my favourite toy of all time..

It wasn't called a Racing Cockpit though, it was called a Tomy Turnin' Turbo Dashboard..!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

haha yes I had one too, I got it out of my communion money IIRC.

If you held the score counter button thing down halfway, you could cheat. I think the highest possible score was something like 85 normally.

That ruled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

legend of a thing,i hear its only team irvine can get a drive these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

im gonna keep it in perfect order upstairs in my attic till im 70 then im gonna sell it and get hammered for the rest of my life on the money. Should be worth something! Might have a problem getting batteries for it in the year 2074 tho :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

You'll be 70 in 2074?
    Were you born yesterday pal? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

damn. Must always think before i post. lol. Only one day old and surfing boards.ie What an advanced learner i am!

Advertisement