Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd-rw problem

• 28-01-2004 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Think my cd-rw might be broken, when I turn the computer on, its not found in the bios and the led on it stays on all the time. The ribbon cables fine cause another cd drive is working on it. I tryed the cd-rw in another machine and the same story.
    Anyone know anything I could try to get it to work again? or is it bin material
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Make sure the pins are set to master or slave whichever the other one is set to. Try connecting only the CD-RW drive and see if it gets detected.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Callan

thanks
    tried all that already. when the computer boots it just says detecting ide devices and just hangs.
    any ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Callan

Would it be worth my while trying to get this fixed, (bearing in mind I just got a nec 2500) its a lite-on ltr-40125w about 18 months old?
    If it is worth getting someone to have a look at it can someone reccommond somewhere in the dublin area.

Is pointless buying another cd burner seeing i have a dvd burner now?
    thanks.

Advertisement