Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Direct Connect

• 28-01-2004 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Just wondering...

Would any of you guys want to get together to share music collections in a Peer to Peer type setup?

Similar music, maybe get some tracks that are hard to find etc etc.

Let me know your thoughts or idea's how to do it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Direct connect is mainly used/good for getting ISO's n divx,
    I wouldn't recamend it for searching for music!
    IMO soulseek.org is the best ****ing program ever(appart from Audiogalaxy)
    I love slsk the way you can download people's folders n ****.
    How about we just create a room on that?
    It was done before on a forum... kinda suceeded, but as per usual they all die off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'd be up for it. Soulseek that is. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

join the room ireland
    no capitals in it, cause i think slsk is case senstive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Instructions on how to use this?

Well, its fairly easy,
    there is only 1 server.
    download the program located on www.slsk.org
    open it, set your shared folders.
    then connect(does automaticly) (can be down at times)
    Then on your right you'll see your added userlist(you'll have none since its your first time) and below that you'll see a lot of rooms
    right click, and go to "create room"
    and type in "ireland" without prompts and lowercase, you *should* see epople in there, they join! :)
    when you join a room you see a user list for people in the room, right click their name and click on "browse files" and you'll get their file list if they have it public.
    you can have your file list set to private and only the people on your added faverite list can download off you, you can also set the speed which you want to send files to users at.
    its not as complicated as DC, believe me! It took me a good week or two to difcover how good DC was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

I just joined that forum, I normally hang around the Techno or IDM rooms.

I have about 800-900 sets shared as well as a good few tunes, I'd love to do some postal trades until my connection is finally sorted out in March [I hope, Eircom, useless bastards]

We can't all have the luxary of Broadband, ya know? Anyway, if somebody has a big/small collection of sets, anything except Trance [from Ireland and beyond], just gizza buzz & I'll look after you.

I have all the UR, Eevolute & Metroplex stuff and loads more.

Remember, buy the rekkids and support the scene, while we still have one!

Proper Bo!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Forgot to mention my name is on soulseek, had to register a few times on boards for some reason and lost my username.

Come on let's share the toonage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I'll be idling in there most of teh time too,

its www.slsknet.org now lenny, www.slsk.org seems to be some dodgy site these days.

is it just me or is the server down?

I can't connect at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Soulseek was down earlier but it's up now.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by echomadman
    I'll be idling in there most of teh time too,

www.slsk.org seems to be some dodgy site these days.

It's a spyware site :S

Advertisement