Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Apple Airport on Windows XP

• 29-01-2004 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I got a Apple Airport from a friend who had used it before without any problems on his mac.

When i connect it to the back of my XP pc via a cross-over cable and power it on I get all 3 lights on the unit glowing orange.

I've gone to the apple website and followed their instructions (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58613), but when I use the Airport admin utility it doesn't see the unit.

Anyone had any similar problems or have any ideas on what I can try ??

Cheers
    Penfold

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - i've never been able to admin a Graphite Base Station with the Windows Airport Admin Utility (just the Extreme, but it is also supposed to work with the Snow version)

the downloads I've used have noted in the readme (e.g. current 3.2 version):
    This version of the AirPort Admin Utility does not work with the original AirPort Base Station (Graphite).

best would be if you can you get your mate to pop over and config it for you with his Mac (if he has a laptop?)

or see if Freebase will work for you
    http://freebase.sourceforge.net/

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

Thanks DubWireless,
    Unfortunately my mate is now in New Zealand so going round to his place isn't so much of an option.
    Maybe I'll try bringing it in to the Apple shop in the compustore on Kildare street and see if they can help.

Cheers

Penfold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

did you not have any joy with freebase?

there is a clubmac.ie meeting next wednesday - and plenty of people there who could help out if D4 is handy for you

BrianG

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Penfolds

Maybe I'll try bringing it in to the Apple shop in the compustore on Kildare street and see if they can help.

I wish you loads and loads of luck with that venture!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Any update on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement