Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long timeeee !

Options
  • 29-01-2004 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

hello i bought a new laptop recently and i have a few programs on it but it takes for ever to load up all the programs its very anoying i recently installed norton 2004 could that be whats slowing it down at load up, all the icons in the task bar take for ever to load :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

in a word yep.

and all those startup items are doing it too. as well as the startup stuff you don't see.

tuneup utilities will sort that for you. (google it)

also think about getting adaware or spybot s&d to get rid of other junk hiding on your system and slowing it down.

uninstall anything you don't use (through add/remove programs, or uninstall utils) and you might want to try a defrag after all that too.

Advertisement