Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL E4 Reception

• 29-01-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got NTL analogue cable in Dublin 6.

I've got fine lines in the picture on E4, always, and Sky News occasionally. I did have this problem on all the channels. I have tried redoing the connections to see if it was just a bad connection. I can get one, or the other to work well, but not both. I even tried with a plug-in booster, which helped with most of the channels, but made E4 worse.

I have a vague memory of needing a signal attenuator with cablelink a number of years ago because of a signal that was too strong.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, is it possible to buy a second hand NTL digibox, and connect it to a standard NTL connection to get NTL digital?

Thanks

Ro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

E4 is always bad on ntl analogue. engineer told me it was something to do with it being transmitted on the lower frequency range, and since i get the same trouble with discovery and channel 4 as well, i'm inclined to believe him, but he could have been bullsh1tting me, i don't honestly know.

i do know that i've lived in 2 different parts of dublin and it's been the same in both. only thing that helped even remotely was a short hi quality cable, but it's still not perfect by any means. if you have an older cable it seems to make it worse.

if you go to a hifi shop you can get a short length of decent cable and make it up yourself. might help.

as for the digital thing, no.

they need to enable the line for digital, and you need a filter installed in your house so you won't be able to do it that way.

aside from anything else, you can only get 2 or 3 channels without an active decoder card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Channel 4 on our analogue service is poxy. E4 is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Originally posted by cableguy
    As you said when you had the same problem you got an attenuator fitted and it sorted it,it sounds like the same problem again.

What type of attenuator would I need?

Ro

Advertisement